how to jump a 94 cr125 ?

now look.... i dont wanna sound like an idiot, and to be frank im a little embarrassed about it, but these are the facts...
i have purchased myself a 94 cr125, and dont really know how to jump it.

i have a backyard track at a mates place that i go to and i can jump it over smaller higher speed jumps but he has a large jump over a dam wall that i just cant get right.

its pretty steep and about 11 feet high, levels off for about 5 feet, and steep down the other side(again 11 feet).

i can do it ok on a four stroke, but seem to stumble on the CR.

it leaves me "chickening out" and taking it slower, gaining very little or no air, and when i do muster the courage im landing all wrong which tells me my technique is all wrong(usually front heavy).

Any tips would be greatly appreciated... and i know im no MX star, just wanna have some fun on my bike .. lol.

practice, practice, practice.  Start small and work up.  the key to jumping any bike is throttle control and body positioning.  search youtube for videos on it.  There are tons.  The videos are by experts who know what they are doing and you get to see their body positioning while jumping.  Much better than someone trying to describe what to do on a forum.

practice, practice, practice.  Start small and work up.  the key to jumping any bike is throttle control and body positioning.  search youtube for videos on it.  There are tons.  The videos are by experts who know what they are doing and you get to see their body positioning while jumping.  Much better than someone trying to describe what to do on a forum.

Thanks mate will do...

Did you spring it for your weight? The 01 cr125 my buddy has is real soft in the rear which will nose you over when you hit the lip, it scares me to jump it.

not at all, this is a very good point.. it is pretty soft in the rear, might tweak the rebound a little in the meantime, at the moment all i am thinking while jumping it is "Lean back!, LEAN BACK!!" lol.

not at all, this is a very good point.. it is pretty soft in the rear, might tweak the rebound a little in the meantime, at the moment all i am thinking while jumping it is "Lean back!, LEAN BACK!!" lol.

It doesn't help, if it is undersprung, the more you lean back the more it bounces when you hit the lip. So you lean forward and end up nose forward, you lean back and it bounces on the lip and end up nose forward.

Hit the jump with proper speed, medium throttle, neutral stance, and give it a LITTLE bit of gas as it goes off the lip. 

It doesn't help, if it is undersprung, the more you lean back the more it bounces when you hit the lip. So you lean forward and end up nose forward, you lean back and it bounces on the lip and end up nose forward.

Hit the jump with proper speed, medium throttle, neutral stance, and give it a LITTLE bit of gas as it goes off the lip. 

Yeah im abt 95kg so ill give that a whirl, thanks Mudguy!

Slow your rebound down in the rear, neutral stance and don't give it a little gas on the face...maintain a steady throttle until you sign off the face...you can adjust your flight balance with your shoulders. Riding 101 says keep your elbows up at all times. When your elbows are up you can roll your shoulders (effectively transferring weight) in the the air to adjust accordingly....get it down right then we can teach you how to scrub like bubba! Haha

Slow your rebound down in the rear, neutral stance and don't give it a little gas on the face...maintain a steady throttle until you sign off the face...you can adjust your flight balance with your shoulders. Riding 101 says keep your elbows up at all times. When your elbows are up you can roll your shoulders (effectively transferring weight) in the the air to adjust accordingly....get it down right then we can teach you how to scrub like bubba! Haha

I just want to point out that to slow the rebound you want to turn it toward the "H" not the "S".  This tripped me up when I starting messing with my clickers as I intuitively thought if I wanted the bike to rebound slower I should move towards the "S" and if I wanted to rebound faster/harder to go towards the "H" but it is exactly opposite.

On another note it sounds like you are not committing to the jump enough.  If you let off the throttle on the face of a jump your shock will rebound and send you ass high in the air.