race gas in crf150f

Hi everyone. I was wondering if I COULD run VP race fuel in my 2006 crf150f.it has been rejetted, has a dr.d full system on it, a rev box, And tons of other goodies, but just a stock motor. Can anyone plz tell meer if I could safely use 110 octane in my bike. I would rather not hear the responses like, "why would you want to" I just want to know if I can use it safely.

Thanks,

Fox

Anybody?

yes you an, but that's a pretty high octane rating, you'll lose a little power and the bike will run cooler, and yes, I'm gonna give you the you don't have to, unless you get free race gas an like the smell there's no point, even then most people wouldn't reccomend it because high octanes not ideal for a low comp. Motor

I can get it very cheap here. Would it be better than running 93 octane?

I can get it very cheap here. Would it be better than running 93 octane?

Nope, it'll probably run a little cooler but that's it, octane isn't power, high octane just means it can be run at a higher compression without detonation, unless you've got an HC piston then even the 93s not that necessary, I have friends who run 91 in their bikes

Nope, it'll probably run a little cooler but that's it, octane isn't power, high octane just means it can be run at a higher compression without detonation, unless you've got an HC piston then even the 93s not that necessary, I have friends who run 91 in their bikes

. *** their 150fs

It will B fine. Pump gas has methanol in it and is very low quality as compared to race fuel.

Just store your race fuel in a metal can, not plastic. And keep it out of the sun. (It's cooler)

High octane gasoline has less power than normal gasoline. It allows more radical tuning, which can all you to make more power, but putting race gas in a stock motor is basically a waste of money.

In the US, most commercial gasoline has ethanol, and ethanol is really bad for small engines. It is especially bad when it has been unused for months. If you burn through it quickly, its not so bad. If you can, buy 100% pure gasoline. Some marinas and small engine dealers carry it.

Of course, if you put in a big cam, high compression pistons, etc. then race gas is a big win.

A few years back my dad had a 55gal. Drum of 116 octane race fuel for his high compression air cooled VW, after blowing up the high comp motor in the vw he let me use it in my old crf100 for awhile, nothing bad will haooen. He then gave the last 25 gallons to a friend. Man do I wish I had it now for our high comp. yfz450.