Sign in to follow this  

Rear brake master cylinder swell

Well i replaced my brake lines front and rear for HEL lines and was very impressed with the performance of the upgraded brakes . Still working out the dampening on the front forks due to the dive on the brakes now , but another problem has risen its ugly head . My rear master cylinder has got the swell and it wont be long till it wont seal and drops brake fluid everywhere . I remember reading on here about a year or so ago that a CRF master cylinder is a straight swap and as it is all alloy , it nips the problem in the bud . Can anyone tell me what model I should get and/or is my memory correct and it was a CRF master cylinder , greg

I noticed that mine was getting the "bulge" last year so I made a "U" shaped piece of aluminum to fit over the top.  It fits nice and snug to the sides and keeps everything in the right place so it stays sealed up.

IMAG1882%2520sm.jpg

• Like 2

Good idea rad , this might actually help untill I get around to buying a master cylinder and fitting it , greg

The CRF works great I got 1 from mid 2000's I think 2005? It was $8 on eBay works like a charm a lot more lever throw but progressive.

I had to lightly grind the frame weld and a bit off the master cylinder housing. Basically casting flash. One of the easiest mods!

• Like 2