YZ250F big bore, hotcams, wr250f tranny?

Gday guys this is my first time on this site and I've got a few questions i hope someone can answer for me...

i just picked up a YZ250F 07 off a mate and im hopping off a 2012 WR450F and want to get a lot more power out of it!!!!

im going to put a big bore kit in it, and maybe a stroker crankshaft (if the price is right) and get the head ported and polished..

can someone enlighten me about hotcams stage 1 and stage 2 please??? is one for bottom end and the other for top end???

and if im going to put a stroker in, while i have the block apart i was thinking of putting in a wr250f tranny to get a bit longer legs out of it!!! what years will fit in??? i know theres 30km difference between the trannys.. its the difference between cruising at 50km, to be cruising at 80km... 

thanks guys

brad  

Sounds easier just to grab a 450 ?

the 250f was a lot cheaper then what i can get a 450f.. and they are a bit lighter and easier to chuck around 

Build it and you will love it. I have the same bike.. 07 ported , cams, 270 BB, stroked and I love it. I also have a 07 450 and 9 out of 10 times, I ride the 250.

You are correct on the cams. Stg 1 for bottom end gains and Stg 2 for top end.

You probably won't need the WR tranny. With all those mods you will want to go down a few sizes on the rear sprocket and that will give it the legs you're looking for.

Edited by indy rider

thanks indy rider ill give the rear sprocket a go when i get it back on the dirt.... 

sounds like you have a great setup there Indy. I am curious though as to why you built the 270 w/stroker instead of using a 290 kit ?