Sign in to follow this  

03 CR 125 crank swap

It is time for a new crank in my sons 03 cr 125. Did Honda improve the later years 125 cranks like they did on the CR250? And if they did, will it fit into the 03 cases. If it will not, why?

I have a big ride coming up and I need to know pretty quickly,.

As always thanks for your help.

Steve

I can't verify the OEM part will fit an 03 but the hotrods crankshaft fits years 90-07.  IMO it would be worth a shot.  I would probably buy the 05-07 crankshaft for my 94 if I needed to replace it.  Honda changed their crankshafts all across the board for the 2 strokes in 05 and all of them got the better design. 

• Like 1

THANK YOU. I knew about the 250's. But was unsure about the 80 and 125. NO MORE TINS!

THANK YOU. I knew about the 250's. But was unsure about the 80 and 125. NO MORE TINS!

Yep, my next door neighbor and I just bought an 06 85 bottom end off of ebay and it had the same style crank in it as my 250. 

Hey Kirkes, I just checked hondatoledoeast.com and they have the newer cranks for $135! Cant beat that.

• Like 1

Shhhh! Don't tell anybody, they might raise the prices like, partzillia did on some of the parts we were pushing on this site and other.