KTM Snapping

OK so allot of my friends seem to have this idea in their heads that all KTM's a crap and brittle. they think that every time you jump one it will snap in half. they say they have seen it happen on YOU TUBE but that could be due to anything and could happen to any bike i mean i have been riding KTM's all my life and never had any problems. so my question is has anyone ever heard of this happening and what are your opinions on KTM i mean i love them can't find a thing wrong you get what you pay for.   

• Like 2

Why do you care what they think? They saw one video on YouTube that shows a snapped triple clamp but no one knows the context surrounding that event: incorrect and/or lack of maintenance, years of abuse, bad wreck(s) in the past or maybe the result of a bad wreck right then, who knows. All I know is the rider wasn't upset about it so that leads me to believe something was up. If this was a common problem, you would be hearing about it in more places than in one YouTube video. With that said, though, I have read about a recall in 2003 related to lower triple clamp failures. 

Edited by Badunit
  • Like 5

Really, you call that context? A link to a rant on these forums about "how KTMs are ruining off-road motorcycle riding"?

I don't care what anyone else buys or what brand anyone else thinks is best. I do mind when opinions are spouted off as facts.

Edited by Badunit

Really, you call that context? A link to a rant on these forums about "how KTMs are ruining off-road motorcycle riding"?

lot's of opion's on the subject in the thread,some right,some wrong.always the way on tt.

and only one guy in the thread is saying ktm's are ruining off road motorcycle riding

Edited by smezmx

OK so allot of my friends seem to have this idea in their heads that all KTM's a crap and brittle. they think that every time you jump one it will snap in half. they say they have seen it happen on YOU TUBE but that could be due to anything and could happen to any bike i mean i have been riding KTM's all my life and never had any problems. so my question is has anyone ever heard of this happening and what are your opinions on KTM i mean i love them can't find a thing wrong you get what you pay for.   

Well how long is "riding my whole life on KTM's". We dunno how long that is. But I'd have to experience these problems myself before I believe it.

As demonstrated many times on TT (or maybe a few times reposted often :thinking: ), it has been discovered that the triples break.

Many bikes break, it seems everyone bandwagons when its a KTM and says 'thats weird' when its a SuHonahasaki.

I'm not going to disclose which brand is the biggest heap of rat droppings from my anecdotal experience, its dumping on those who have em and like em, and its dumping on those machines that work well. Ie: I'd be talking shit.

• Like 5

It is a known absolute fact, all KTMs implode on the bumps. There have been factual documentation of these bikes shattering like cheap glass when simply loaded onto a trailer. One guy in CO, had his bike break in to over a million peices (search for the You Tube video, it shows him counting all the chips) when a thunder storm came through.

• Like 7

I have broken steel frames. I have broken aluminum frames.

Everything in life is tring to return to dirt, from the tallest mountain to the littlest beer bottle. It is never a quesion of 'if', only 'when'.

Well I've molded a steel exhaust pipe onto an aluminum frame so that you could see the T-1000 terminator morphing his way out of my ignition cover. 

What can I say??  The boulder was in my way.  This also was not a question of "if," but "when" a 19 year old kid with two stroke oil in his blood will push it too hard in the SoCal desert washes.