will villipoto be as good as carmicheal?

No!  RV will quit before he makes it that far. RC loved his job, RV is just making enough bank to get away from it.

http://instagram.com/p/fNeWtEI21S/#

RV posted this pic this morning. He looks happier here than he does all Moto season. He cannot wait to be done. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't throw a leg over a bike the rest of his life after he retires.

• Like 2

when he does quit the only time youll see him on a bike is to drag something dead out of the woods and thats cuz he couldnt get to a quad or sxs because of the bags of $ in the way. wouldnt surprise me if he disappears from racing period

Rv2 is a different breed. He races cause its his job , plan and simple.. just like any other person who works and retires, goes and does other things to ENJOY life and never looks back.. It's so weird cause most racers wish they could be him, I bet he drives down the highway at times and says to himself.. man, I can't wait to take a vacation lol

• Like 2

If the question was "will RV surpass RC's mx achievements?", I'd have to agree it's not very likely. But the question was "will RV be as good as RC?". To that, I'd say he very well might be as good right now. Put RC in his prime against RV right now, and I can't see one being obviously better than the other. They have both been a cut above everyone else in their respective day.

• Like 3

He either retires in 2yrs or goes to Europe and gain a title....

I would like to see him go to Europe but doubtful. I would like to have seen RC to but. The only one we may see go to Europe at the end of his career is RD imho

If the question was "will RV surpass RC's mx achievements?", I'd have to agree it's not very likely. But the question was "will RV be as good as RC?". To that, I'd say he very well might be as good right now. Put RC in his prime against RV right now, and I can't see one being obviously better than the other. They have both been a cut above everyone else in their respective day.

RV v RC in his prime. That would be worth paying to see. RC would out smart him before the checkered would be close

Lots of wins + lots of cash = early retirement

Fix it for you 

RV v RC in his prime. That would be worth paying to see. RC would out smart him before the checkered would be close

RC would put RV on his ass

People forget that RC was a dirty ginger 

• Like 4

Very good question, in my opinion. I still would have to give RC the nod. He was the ultimate champion. Crazy talent, training, no fear, heart and could out-smart everyone. I really don't know how anyone could be a more complete rider. That being said, if every there was 1 guy that I have ever seen in my lifetime who is close, it's RV. He really is, as close as it gets. I really can't fault the guy. He just knows how to win, it's amazing. I mean, even JS who has certain traits that exceed the level of both RC and RV (speaking all in their prime, of course) just isn't on the level of these guys as complete racers / champions. Same goes for MC, he might have certain aspects of him that were above these guys (like for example, he was probably smoother that the others, which obviously made him such a fantastic SX rider), but not as a complete rider. Just my opinion. I'm 32 though, so there are some of the guys back in the day that maybe would also belong in the conversation but from what I see RC is still tops and RV already is right behind him (or at least is well on his way to it).