Which 2014 450f?

Alright so I'm looking at purchasing a brand new 450f. First ill give a little background on myself. I'm 20 years old, 6 ft and about 155lbs. I've been riding dirtbikes since I was 12 and on the street since I was 18. This was my first year racing in open C. My current bike is a 1997 cr250 with basic mods.

I'm looking to upgrade becauese I feel like this bike is holding me back in the suspension department. Bike has plenty of power and is faster with a worn rear tire then a lot of the clapped out four strokes I race against in c class. Plus I have a decent job finally and wanna treat my self.

Now i know I'm in c class and shouldn't be too worried about my bike, but if I keep the cr its gonna be over $1000 this winter to get it where I want it motor and suspension wise. I don't really want a 250f just because I feel like I will always regret not getting the power of the 450.

So who here actually has or ridden some of the new 450fs? I don't want your 13 year old ass who read a review saying one bike is better then the other. I want answeres from people with real experience.

Right now I'm leaning towards the new yz450f. It looks good, revolutionary design, lots of power, ext. Although the crf looks preatty sweet too. I used to be all about the kx but now I feel different and drawn away from them. Havnt heard much about the Suzuki and ktm either.

So more or less yz450f vs. Crf450r, or if you have opinions on the others please chime in. Thanks.

The most hands on experience I had was sitting on the crf450 at the dealer, its small, wayyyy small, I'm 5'11" and felt big on it, also sat on the suzuki too, it definetly felt more comftorble, I can't comment on how the motors are though, nor the ergonomics while riding them, just initially they both felt super comftorble, just the honda was smaller, so being 6' I don't recommend it for you

Alright so I'm looking at purchasing a brand new 450f. First ill give a little background on myself. I'm 20 years old, 6 ft and about 155lbs. I've been riding dirtbikes since I was 12 and on the street since I was 18. This was my first year racing in open C. My current bike is a 1997 cr250 with basic mods.

I'm looking to upgrade becauese I feel like this bike is holding me back in the suspension department. Bike has plenty of power and is faster with a worn rear tire then a lot of the clapped out four strokes I race against in c class. Plus I have a decent job finally and wanna treat my self.

Now i know I'm in c class and shouldn't be too worried about my bike, but if I keep the cr its gonna be over $1000 this winter to get it where I want it motor and suspension wise. I don't really want a 250f just because I feel like I will always regret not getting the power of the 450.

So who here actually has or ridden some of the new 450fs? I don't want your 13 year old ass who read a review saying one bike is better then the other. I want answeres from people with real experience.

Right now I'm leaning towards the new yz450f. It looks good, revolutionary design, lots of power, ext. Although the crf looks preatty sweet too. I used to be all about the kx but now I feel different and drawn away from them. Havnt heard much about the Suzuki and ktm either.

So more or less yz450f vs. Crf450r, or if you have opinions on the others please chime in. Thanks.

I have the 14 yz450f and love it. I have a 13 crf450r and love it too. Both bikes are awesome. If your doing trail and track get the crf. If it's all track you can't beat the yz. Although the 2014 yz450f is only a track bike(not good on trails...) and the crf is a great animal on track and trails!

I have the 14 yz450f and love it. I have a 13 crf450r and love it too. Both bikes are awesome. If your doing trail and track get the crf. If it's all track you can't beat the yz. Although the 2014 yz450f is only a track bike(not good on trails...) and the crf is a great animal on track and trails!

also I am 6'2 and 195lbs and the crf is very comfortable as is the yz

You sound reasonably skinny. I'm 5'9" 125 lb and the crf feels very wide. Truth be know i rode the 2012 crf450r, but the bike has t really changed since then. I have no experience further than sitting on the 14' Yz but everything looks amazing on the bike. Revolutionary design. But i know one thing, it is light! For a 450..... If i had the dough, a 14' Yz or Rmz would be sitting in my garage right now.

Both are great bikes

I choose the CRF

I have the 14 yz450f and love it. I have a 13 crf450r and love it too.

No you don't

No you don't

how so?

how so?

Post pics of all your bikes together with the days paper or a peice of paper with your username on it and I'll beleive you. Otherwise I'm convinced your some random 13 year old kid trying to impress us on an internet forum and offer no real technical knowledge of any of the bikes you say you own.

I don't really want a 250f just because I feel like I will always regret not getting the power of the 450.

Answer = KTM 350 or a flashy new Husky 350. I was in the same situation a couple years ago, picked up a 350 and never looked back. Edited by motonack

Take a ride on a new kx450. I know you will be impressed. Felt heavier and was harder to turn as tight as my 09 crf450. But very fast and very stable.

Post pics of all your bikes together with the days paper or a peice of paper with your username on it and I'll beleive you. Otherwise I'm convinced your some random 13 year old kid trying to impress us on an internet forum and offer no real technical knowledge of any of the bikes you say you own.

I'm not going to do that, not because I'm not real but because I don't gve two shits what you or any other person on this forum thinks about me( or whoever you think I am)

I'm not going to do that, not because I'm not real but because I don't gve two shits what you or any other person on this forum thinks about me( or whoever you think I am)

$100 says you can't provide me with convincing proof you own the bikes you say you do.

I just got back into it...my last bike an 09 CRF450.  I spent a fair amount of $$ getting the bike balanced and all...but loved the light feel of the Honda.  But this time around, after much consideration, I went Orange!  I really really like what KTM is doing and how much effort they are putting into the sport in general!  I love the Ergo's, the fit and finish is second to none (better than ANY japanese bikes I have ever had...which is all but a Suzuki), and you get all kinds of very high end goodies....hydro clutch, stainless braided lines, E-Start (it rocks...dont let anybody tell you otherwise), excel rims, Renthals.....you get the idea.  Oh yea....its wicked fast but way easy to ride.  If there is a grip it is in the stock suspension, but nothing a revalve (and others will argue) cannot fix.  

I honestly think that all the bikes avail are very very good.  Really just shades of gray.  Which dealer locally offers good support?  Anybody offering good deals in your area on a 13?  There are very little differences between a 13/14 CRF, RMZ. KXF. and RMZ!  The YZ is all new.  But if you can save a a grand or two (I know around here you can get a 13 KXF450 for 6500 and they were offering a free Pro Circuit Pipe and graphics package).  Suzuki's work great these day and were offering great financing of that is important to you.  

I went Orange for a number of reason..besides I think it a great bike with the best fit and finish (by the way...its also the tallest of the bunch)....but I just think with all the effort and $$$ they are pouring into their American effort these days, giving them support is important because if the buiying public doesnt support it they will eventually stop.  And these days I think anything going on that is a positive in our sport needs to be greeted with open arms cause the Jap manufactures have cut back big time.

So whatever you choose hope you really enjoy it.  Any of them is a huge upgrade from your current ride for sure!  

PaulP

I just got back into it...my last bike an 09 CRF450. I spent a fair amount of $$ getting the bike balanced and all...but loved the light feel of the Honda. But this time around, after much consideration, I went Orange! I really really like what KTM is doing and how much effort they are putting into the sport in general! I love the Ergo's, the fit and finish is second to none (better than ANY japanese bikes I have ever had...which is all but a Suzuki), and you get all kinds of very high end goodies....hydro clutch, stainless braided lines, E-Start (it rocks...dont let anybody tell you otherwise), excel rims, Renthals.....you get the idea. Oh yea....its wicked fast but way easy to ride. If there is a grip it is in the stock suspension, but nothing a revalve (and others will argue) cannot fix.

I honestly think that all the bikes avail are very very good. Really just shades of gray. Which dealer locally offers good support? Anybody offering good deals in your area on a 13? There are very little differences between a 13/14 CRF, RMZ. KXF. and RMZ! The YZ is all new. But if you can save a a grand or two (I know around here you can get a 13 KXF450 for 6500 and they were offering a free Pro Circuit Pipe and graphics package). Suzuki's work great these day and were offering great financing of that is important to you.

I went Orange for a number of reason..besides I think it a great bike with the best fit and finish (by the way...its also the tallest of the bunch)....but I just think with all the effort and $$$ they are pouring into their American effort these days, giving them support is important because if the buiying public doesnt support it they will eventually stop. And these days I think anything going on that is a positive in our sport needs to be greeted with open arms cause the Jap manufactures have cut back big time.

So whatever you choose hope you really enjoy it. Any of them is a huge upgrade from your current ride for sure!

PaulP

plus 1 for the ktm i love mine...ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1381628130.289490.jpg

2013.5 Factory Edition....

Had not put the frame guards on it at the time I took the pic.....

FactoryEdition1.jpg

I rode a '14 450xcf, it felt slow..... I hope they all don't feel that the way....

I sat on the new kx and the Yamaha and the kx felt really small but had a lot of room, and the Yamaha felt super weird because of how thick the plastic is, I'd just go to a dealer and see which one feels the best right off the bat and maybe make a couple braps to be sure