Trail tech, problems, truths and guidance

Hey guys, I do alot of desert racing on a crf450r, and a while back I purchased a trail tech stator/rectifier kit so I could run an HID. The system worked great for about a year and then I started getting some intermittent spark. Traced it down to the stator and found that some wires were shorting out due to melting insulation. Called up trail tech and they let me know that there was(don't know when because I was never informed by them) a recall on those stators due to melting insulation. Ok, they knew they problem, so I sent mine back and they sent me another. Now two years down the road, during the last vegas to reno, the second stator failed with no visual issues. So much time and effort went into getting ready for this race.

I wanna know if anybody else has had problems with these guys's stators? As of right now, they are proving junk to me. Is a Ricky stator or Baja designs rewind more reliable?

I guess I should have learned with the first one failing.

Not to mention a while back a trail tech inline temp sensor melted on my teammate and we lost all of our water.

This is an old tail regarding failing stators.

If it's not done by Baja Designs, I can't get behind it.

Both Ricky Stators and Trail Tech have come a long way to improving their products, but for me it's BD only. Never had one fail in 11 years.

I've had good luck with the Ricky Stators stuff. Never dealt with a TT.