husqvarna front wheel

hi, I have just bought a 1999 husky te610 left hand kick, I've just replaced the front wheel bearing and now the speedo doesn't work. I've checked cables and connections. is there supposed to be magnets in the speedo drive housing on front wheel?

Yes, one at the pick up end of cable and one on the disc brake.

do you know where I can buy them from please

do you know where I can buy them from please

have you a photo of them please

Is the speedo cable an electric wire or like a clutch cable ?

If it is like a clutch cable then there are no magnets. When you fitted new bearings have you fitted the metal ring that engages the speedo drive?

Also the drive cable inside the cable sleeve is prone to breaking where it is clamped to the fork leg.

Is the speedo cable an electric wire or like a clutch cable ?

If it is like a clutch cable then there are no magnets. When you fitted new bearings have you fitted the metal ring that engages the speedo drive?

Also the drive cable inside the cable sleeve is prone to breaking where it is clamped to the fork leg.

thanks ricky, only have the nylon (thinks it nylon) ring that attaches to the screw thread.

could you send a photo of what it looks like, or a diagram of how it works. carn't see how it work

I used to have a 410 left kicker but have no photos so I can go from memory,  here is a link to the parts catalogue I use these for the exploded drawings of all the individual bits and how they go together. 

I'm not sure what you mean about the nylon ring that attaches to the screw thread.

http://docs.wavenetworks.us/parts//1999%20TE-TC%20410-610.pdf

Hope it helps.

could you send a photo of what it looks like, or a diagram of how it works. carn't see how it work

hi ,

there's a pair of lugs on the wheel hub that  lacate + turn the "nylon / whatever" disc in the speedo drive,

BEHIND this disc are teeth - which turn a worm gear,

the end of this worm-gear has a slot in it into which the SQUARE section speedo cable goes,

so as the wheel hub turns it turns the disc,

whick drives the wrom gear = driving the speedo cable,

1st 'ly check the speedo cable is NOT snapped = go on EBAY or ORO2U for a replacement,

I've got a drive unit  on my bench here if that's packed-up , 

Charlie - Oxford

hi ,

there's a pair of lugs on the wheel hub that  lacate + turn the "nylon / whatever" disc in the speedo drive,

BEHIND this disc are teeth - which turn a worm gear,

the end of this worm-gear has a slot in it into which the SQUARE section speedo cable goes,

so as the wheel hub turns it turns the disc,

whick drives the wrom gear = driving the speedo cable,

1st 'ly check the speedo cable is NOT snapped = go on EBAY or ORO2U for a replacement,

I've got a drive unit  on my bench here if that's packed-up , 

Charlie - Oxford

hi varesecrazy, just a problem finding the wheel plate that fits into the lugs and goes on to the nylon. do you know where you can buy these from?
Edited by yellow lighting