New members meet and greet

Hi all

I'm from Rangitikei / Manawatu New Zealand and try to ride an 01 CR250r.

I'm 42 and been riding for just over a year, Last year in July I got given an 89 KX250 doer upper for my birthday. Before that I had not even fixed a lawnmower or ridden a moped ?

After fixing it I finally got enough courage to get on it. Caught the bug riding bug pretty bad and saved up for newer bike. Wanted a newish YZ but ended up with the not so new CR but couldn't be happier with it. Plenty enough grunt to give me the gee willikers.

I am usually the oldest and slowest but having the most fun at the track even when hobbling round the office with DOMS often on Mondays and Tuesdays.

• Like 1

Hi I'm Sarah from Virginia USA. Just got a 2010 kx250f. Don't race as off right now jus ride local tracks. My previous bikes were a 05 crf150f,03 yz125,05 kx65, 08 crf150r, 01 rm125, 05 yz85 an now my 250. Jus got it back from the shop today from getting complete new valves an springs, shims, stage 2 cams, new top end. I also have a 2011 zx6r which is my love. Look forward to chatting with you guys.

Hi I'm Sarah from Virginia USA. Just got a 2010 kx250f. Don't race as off right now jus ride local tracks. My previous bikes were a 05 crf150f,03 yz125,05 kx65, 08 crf150r, 01 rm125, 05 yz85 an now my 250. Jus got it back from the shop today from getting complete new valves an springs, shims, stage 2 cams, new top end. I also have a 2011 zx6r which is my love. Look forward to chatting with you guys.

Shoooottttt..you said virginia, really? Where you ride at?

Shoooottttt..you said virginia, really? Where you ride at?

yes sir Virginia ? I ride at northgarden, or at a couple buddies places. we have quite a few places to ride around here. are you not located in south mexico?

Edited by Kxninja

Nice thread. I'm from Upstate New York. I am 28, and I used to race when I was younger. I worked my way into the A class but that's about when racing slipped away for college and life. Since then, I got married, had a daughter, and just got back into riding this season. Right now I have just been hitting practices at local tracks, and next year I hope to do some racing. I raced a fathers day race this year and broke a few ribs. I still rode because I didn't want to miss anything this season. It was nice getting to reconnect with friends and get back to what I enjoy. I rode borrowed bikes until recently. My best friend passed away a couple months and I bought his bike to help his wife out. So now I own a 2009 Yz450. The bike has a lot of money into it, and totally worth it. I love to ride and I can't wait until the next chance I will get. The season is almost over, but I will make the most of it until then. One pic is last Wednesday at the track for practice, and the other is back when I was actually good and fearless.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1381284265.034553.jpg

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1381284320.566168.jpg

• Like 1

Nice thread. I'm from Upstate New York. I am 28, and I used to race when I was younger. I worked my way into the A class but that's about when racing slipped away for college and life. Since then, I got married, had a daughter, and just got back into riding this season. Right now I have just been hitting practices at local tracks, and next year I hope to do some racing. I raced a fathers day race this year and broke a few ribs. I still rode because I didn't want to miss anything this season. It was nice getting to reconnect with friends and get back to what I enjoy. I rode borrowed bikes until recently. My best friend passed away a couple months and I bought his bike to help his wife out. So now I own a 2009 Yz450. The bike has a lot of money into it, and totally worth it. I love to ride and I can't wait until the next chance I will get. The season is almost over, but I will make the most of it until then. One pic is last Wednesday at the track for practice, and the other is back when I was actually good and fearless. 📎ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1381284265.034553.jpg📎ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1381284320.566168.jpg

I'm sorry to hear about your buddy. That's awesome though that you got to help out his wife by buying it and now have a small piece off him with you when your riding, ride safe.

Welcome man good to see another South African. Where in South Africa are you? I ride local races on a 2012 CRF 450R.

hey boet, Im in Heidelberg east of JHB, great to find more SA okes around the site. No track racing for me but i do an endero every now and then when im fit enough

Hi all

I'm from Rangitikei / Manawatu New Zealand and try to ride an 01 CR250r.

I'm 42 and been riding for just over a year, Last year in July I got given an 89 KX250 doer upper for my birthday. Before that I had not even fixed a lawnmower or ridden a moped ?

After fixing it I finally got enough courage to get on it. Caught the bug riding bug pretty bad and saved up for newer bike. Wanted a newish YZ but ended up with the not so new CR but couldn't be happier with it. Plenty enough grunt to give me the gee willikers.

I am usually the oldest and slowest but having the most fun at the track even when hobbling round the office with DOMS often on Mondays and Tuesdays.

wow well thats the way to do it, building your own ride, thats legend man. Atleast you can blame your age for being slow, im just plain slow and im not even that old

I'm sorry to hear about your buddy. That's awesome though that you got to help out his wife by buying it and now have a small piece off him with you when your riding, ride safe.

Yeah, he died way to young (43). That's the main reason I left his number and name on my number panels. I don't plan to change them out until next year. Even then, I will only do it when I need too.

yes sir Virginia ? I ride at northgarden, or at a couple buddies places. we have quite a few places to ride around here. are you not located in south mexico?

Nope haha I'm from central VA. I've heard of north garden but idk where it is, I thought it had closed down though??