What is the status of Batey Bould ?

• 6 months later...

Let's break out the saws and hop on it. Only one way these trails get opened up, it isn't the USFS that cuts them out. May 17-18? I have to coach a baseball game that Saturday, but could be there ready to cut by 1:00, then all day Sunday. Who well pony up and do some work?

Ryan the FS rec budget got cut hard this year so no, there won't be any trail maintenance done by the FS again this year.  I can't help on the 18th, you sure have a knack for picking days when I already have other crap planned.

Doing any riding this weekend?

I know the budget is null. If people understood that WE need to maintain and protect these trails or else they will be CLOSED, then maybe they would come out and lend a hand. It is funny how riders come out of the woodwork on holiday weekends, but they are scarce when work needs to be done.

Sorry, can't ride this weekend. Wife is running the half marathon in some town called Newport  on Saturday, then dog Mother's Day stuff on Sunday.

• Like 1

Yeah yeah, I know I should have been there a couple weekends ago but it would have taken me a long time to push the bike up to LPO since my truck decided to die on me Friday.

Depending on when the next trail clearing is maybe I'll bring my little XR200 project bike that a fellow TT'er is convinced will never run because I bought a used cylinder head for it instead of a brand new one from Honda.

Are you too big of a snob to go grab a beer on Saturday before you head back over the hill?  Maybe you and the family come over for some bbq?

Edited by cowboyona426
  • Like 1

For those curious,  Batey is a no-go for a while yet.  Roughly 3' of snow on the main 306 trail just below Tacoma Creek road, per a photo a buddy posted on Facebook.

Thanks for info.  I was going through my tackle box getting it ready for the summer and I started wondering whether they've gotten rid of the Northern Pike from the Pend Oreille?  I know they were trying to reintroduce 'native' fish, but I wasn't sure how that was going?   I was there last year and hooked into a big one.  I want to go back ?

I know the tribe did some gill netting to get rid of the pike in the river but I don't think they got them all.  Really PO'd a lot of the local folks because they are a fun sport fish but apparently the "good" fish are too tasty to the pike so they had to reduce their numbers.

Pike taste great.....just kinda hard to grab when you reel them in.  I heard it's part of a huge 'native' species effort....trying to bring back Dolly Varden and displace the non-native fish.  Complete waste of money if ya ask me.

Pike taste great.....just kinda hard to grab when you reel them in.  I heard it's part of a huge 'native' species effort....trying to bring back Dolly Varden and displace the non-native fish.  Complete waste of money if ya ask me.

I'd have to agree.  Millions are spent each year restoring fish habitat, fish populations etc and often times the projects and things they do don't make any logical sense.  It's frustrating to say the least.

It seems the squawfish(or Northern Pike Minnow if you're PC) have been eliminated by the Pike.  Those freakin squawfish were the downfall of the river cuz they sucked up all the trout minnows.

Edited by Slackkinhard

• 11 months later...