xr 650l

My 07 650l died. The other mourning while i was riding .i restarted it went another 10 miles it quite again and now it cranks but no fire any suggestions ?

Probably the CDI,,Do a search of this forum using these words "XRL650 CDI "..,,about a million threads here on the topic.

Thanks im new to thumper talk. I just tried to start it and it fired up im thinking that the cdi gets hot and shorts out like on the old ford pickups thank for the info

Yes,,sounds like classic dud CDI symptoms..Theres a sticky at the top of the page about trying to fix it yourself..BrianHare may do it for you for 6 dozen beer.. :foul:,,Gets hot up there in Moncton,,damn hot.. :lol: ..,,Welcome to the forums..

Edited by Horri

Thanks the best part of it is i let my friend ride my xr 400 that day and when my bike quit he just kept on going

That's what friends are for.  :devil:

Spud ;)

Yes,,sounds like classic dud CDI symptoms..Theres a sticky at the top of the page about trying to fix it yourself..BrianHare may do it for you for 6 dozen beer.. :foul:,,Gets hot up there in Moncton,,damn hot.. :lol: ..,,Welcome to the forums..

3 dozen...........it would be 6 dozen of that swill you guys call beer... :p

B

Thanks the best part of it is i let my friend ride my xr 400 that day and when my bike quit he just kept on going

Was he carrying the beer...........if you were i`d drink his share,,that`ll teach him... :lol:

Read my rebuild thread in the stickies..smack the back of the CDI with a screwdriver handle and see if it fires,,if so rebuild it,,or send it to me and i`ll do it,,your call.

B

Hey Brian just read your sticky.I just ordered a new one and when it gwt here. Im going to surgery on my old ans if it work ill have a spare then i definitely will owe your a beer thanks alot