Sign in to follow this  

Pro circuit platinum 2-for 03 cr250

I need some suggestions, just did a mud race, hare scramble. I did well, my setup is as follows; I ran a stock cylinder, wiseco piston, jetting stock except 400mj, needle in third position, fmf gnarly with a turbine core 2sa, 05 base gasket w/110 octane race fuel, 9oz fww. This is about engine so I won't bore you with the rest. I won the race, and can say lugging hadn't been easier since my cr500. Plenty of bottom, lots of steep muddy hills with no run to them and it ran like a top, gearing is 13/49. I pulled 450s up hills and through woods-here is the BUT.....top end suffered from that setup, fell on her face on long straights 5th gear tapped out. Next year is a big season for me and I'm getting ready to switch a couple things to have that torque but not fall so hard up top, here ids what I was thinking and hopefully some will help with different opinions: 1) get a mo betta port job from eric gorr and then run a pc platinum with pc sa 2) go 265 bb kit and run stock pipe 3) maybe the platinum 2 will give the same torque but more run out up top? The platinum 2 would be cheapest and easiest, but not sure about how it stacks up against the gnarly, which defiantly gives bottom but kills top. Any reviews of platinum 2? Any suggestions to manipulate what I have or is forward motion the winner? Please help, getting my cash together now and am at limited test time.if it wasn't so wet Sunday I would have gotten my booty handed to me because I lacked that top end!

• Like 1

well done on winning buddy.

skip alll the crap and go straight to motor work, exhaust move 10% of the power spread around. If its legal, I would do a race fuel 265 with mo betta, exhaust isnt important after that.

with the 265

• extra ccs natually give more torque/bottom
  • mo betta will scream up top
  • head mods for race fuel equals more power across the board by upping compression taking advantage of the race fuel you already use.

Pipe choice won't matter once you build the motor.  I would run the gnarly for its thicker steel. But thats me being picky. Any pipe would do fine. slap some moose pipe armor on it and call it a day

cheers

well done on winning buddy.

skip alll the crap and go straight to motor work, exhaust move 10% of the power spread around. If its legal, I would do a race fuel 265 with mo betta, exhaust isnt important after that.

with the 265

• extra ccs natually give more torque/bottom
  • mo betta will scream up top
  • head mods for race fuel equals more power across the board by upping compression taking advantage of the race fuel you already use.

Pipe choice won't matter once you build the motor. I would run the gnarly for its thicker steel. But thats me being picky. Any pipe would do fine. slap some moose pipe armor on it and call it a day

cheers

That was my thoughts exactly! Thanks man! It was awesome pulling the 450s out of corners and up hills but when I got to those cornfields I lost a lot of ground and even wide open when I hit a mud hole it would knock me off the pipe! So glad it rained 2 inches in a day!

1381315944323.jpg

1381315958916.jpg

1381315973214.jpg