Any EJK Symptoms listed here that applies to you? How did you manage to finetune EJK?

THIS IS WHAT EJK NOTED TO USERS

WHAT TO LOOK FOR?
Take note of any bogs, surging, popping, or loss of power. Try to duplicate the problem a couple of times and recognize the steps you are performing to cause the problem. Relate the problem to the general phases of a drive cycle. Are you just cruising, trying to accelerate, or full throttle to feel the power?

I have experienced popping and a few times literally stalled in the middle of the street but restarting quickly solved it. Now wanting to really fine tune this device.

My Mods includes: Removed backfire screen, WFO airbox and FMF powerbomb & Q4.

• Like 1

I've made all of the modifications that you list including the installation of the EJK fuel controller.    I stayed with the factory settings except I leaned out idle because is was smoking a bit.  Otherwise the bike runs and performs perfectly at all rpms.  I rode the bike on and off road and it has 900+ miles on it.

• Like 3

I experience some surging at idle when I first installed the EJK.  I think it was running too rich.

Currently the bike seems to be running fine at idle/cruise, acceleration, and WOT with the following settings.

1.0,   2.5,   4.5,   5.0   4.0,   4.5

I had originally set the idle/cruise to 0.5 to correct the surging at idle, but I changed it to 1.0 over the weekend.

My "performance" Mods include:  250cc EJK programmer, Removed backfire screen, removed snorkel and modified side cover, 14/45 gearing, Works Tach/hourmeter.

Stock exhaust

Original 249cc cylinder, but 305cc BB kit soon.....

Edited by dkappelm
  • Like 3

'Popping' isn't a problem, its a bonus! I loooooooove the pops and bangs as I change down!

sending my EJK back for a re-flash ready for the 305 soon

• Like 1

I'm currently running 1.5, 2.5, 5

removed backfire screen, removed snorkel, and removed spark arrestor from stock muffler. Seems to be fairly smooth. I was running factory 3,3,6 but it seemed like it was running rich and wasting fuel. My goal is to keep the added power but retain as much mpg as possible.

• Like 2

The default settings are meant for use with at least a free-flow exhaust, non-cat exhaust, and (iirc) basic airbox mods.  So with stock OEM exhaust, even with the spark arrestor thing removed - which would hardly make a difference, anyway - you would need to reduce the EJK increase.  Stock exhaust is one big mass of catalyzer, and the stock header is more restrictive.

• Like 3

The default settings are meant for use with at least a free-flow exhaust, non-cat exhaust, and (iirc) basic airbox mods.  So with stock OEM exhaust, even with the spark arrestor thing removed - which would hardly make a difference, anyway - you would need to reduce the EJK increase.  Stock exhaust is one big mass of catalyzer, and the stock header is more restrictive.

Cat ji, 

Understood but I did some real-world testing. I borrowed an FMF pipe from a local rider and tested with the same EJK settings. I could feel zero different between the FMF pipe and my stock muffler with no spark arrestor - none. The sound was slightly different, however. The stock pipe is a bit lower in tone.

The reason why the stock setup is so restrictive is the maze of chambers that air has to take to finally reach the atmosphere. Removing the spark arrestor lets exhaust gasses go virtually straight out the pipe. I've reduced some fuel with the EJK and I'm sure it's not 'as' powerful as a cat-less FMF pipe, but in the grand scheme of things i'm losing ?maybe? 1hp to guys with an FMF. Not worth $700 in my opinion.

Edited by kray
  • Like 3

I know the stock exhaust is heavy and restrictive, especially with the spark arrestor and the catalytic converter left in.  I like the quiet exhaust though.  I need a dB meter.... to compare the stock exhaust and the FMF Q4 w/ megabomb at various distances.

• Like 2

So what did you reduce it to??the setting on the ejk i am refurring to??

Mine is default settings, with FMF complete system and airbox snorkel removed. i want to try reducing it one click 0.5 on the low range...see what happens, if i notice anything, but i'm not measuring fuel consumption.

.. but in the grand scheme of things i'm losing ?maybe? 1hp to guys with an FMF. Not worth $700 in my opinion.

i thought it's more than 1 hp but the weight reduction is probably equivalent to about 1 hp - at least. i'd rather lose the weight and have no increase in power. And it's high weight, way above the CoG, that bugs me. 

• Like 2

i thought it's more than 1 hp but the weight reduction is probably equivalent to about 1 hp - at least. i'd rather lose the weight and have no increase in power. And it's high weight, way above the CoG, that bugs me. 

dropping that 12-15 lbs off the top makes a big difference on the trails ....  :ride:

• Like 1

'Popping' isn't a problem, its a bonus! I loooooooove the pops and bangs as I change down!

sending my EJK back for a re-flash ready for the 305 soon

I agree - downshifting and getting that rumble and roll at a stop is cool. Me like!

• Like 1

I agree - downshifting and getting that rumble and roll at a stop is cool. Me like!

I know some like the popping. But if you don't here's a tip. When decelerating make sure the throttle is completely closed. I've noticed that even if you have it open a bit it will pop. But if you turn it all the way until it stops it won't. Try it. It works.

• Like 1

dropping that 12-15 lbs off the top makes a big difference on the trails ....  :ride:

My 121 lb frame needs all the extra weight it can get. I do 99% commuting on my bike. It sees the dirt once in a blue moon. I guess I'm more of a rare bird. 

• Like 3

My 121 lb frame needs all the extra weight it can get. I do 99% commuting on my bike. It sees the dirt once in a blue moon. I guess I'm more of a rare bird. 

dropping that 12 lbs off the top also helps it handle the twistys better too ....  :ride:

• Like 2

Plus your wallet is bout 700 bucks lighter also?? :p  or MORE :cry:

:blah:  ..... :blah:   .... :blah:  ...................................    :lol:

Edited by gnath9
  • Like 2