Sign in to follow this  

Question about fixing TC250 bent bar mount after crash

I had a pretty big crash almost 4 weeks ago and I broke 3 ribs and partially separted my shoulder.  I'm just now getting to the point where I can start to work on my bike.  It looks like my bar mount and the 2 main bolts are bent.  I think the bars are ok but I didn't remove them off the bike.  I want to replace the whole bar mount for safety but I can't find any that are listed as fitting my 2010 TC250.  I see "universal" bar mounts from a few companies but they look like 2 individual mounts that are separate rather than the 1 piece that I have now.  I would rather not replace my whole bar but just the mount.  Should I try to order the OEM bar mount through Husky(if I can even find one) or would any bar mount work fine?  Thanks!

photo(1).JPG

photo.JPG

looks like rubber mounts through the triple clamp? have you pulled it all apart to see if the rubbers are just jacked or bolts bent?  may not need a new mount

looks like rubber mounts through the triple clamp? have you pulled it all apart to see if the rubbers are just jacked or bolts bent?  may not need a new mount

I loosened everything up to see if I could just push everything back straight but I didn't take everything apart.  I actually got it much better than it was but it is still pretty crooked.  I'll take it all apart tomorrow and see if it's just the rubber mounts jammed somewhere.