Sign in to follow this  

2006 KX250F Exhaust System

That is a great question! A full system is better than a slip on. Ti is better than SS/aluminum because it is much lighter. I think it's safe to say that any of the leading brands will improve flow over stock, none will yield huge overall HP gains, but may yield noticeable gains mid to top. I ran a T4 on an 06 that ran very strong and still does. I think if you find a good deal on a premium used system on eBay you might get a good bang for your buck. Of course, I have no real strong opinions on this subject. Lots of guys have their favorites and I hope they chime in. For now, make sure the silencer you have is packed right because that definitely makes a performance difference.

• Like 1

That is a great question! A full system is better than a slip on. Ti is better than SS/aluminum because it is much lighter. I think it's safe to say that any of the leading brands will improve flow over stock, none will yield huge overall HP gains, but may yield noticeable gains mid to top. I ran a T4 on an 06 that ran very strong and still does. I think if you find a good deal on a premium used system on eBay you might get a good bang for your buck. Of course, I have no real strong opinions on this subject. Lots of guys have their favorites and I hope they chime in. For now, make sure the silencer you have is packed right because that definitely makes a performance difference.

Yea I was looking at some used systems for some good deals! I just want to know what would give me the most improvement out of all of them and not just opinions like factual statements. This is my first real 4 stroke , because my main bike is a KTM 250SX bored to a 300. So I don't even know where to start for this bike !!