Sign in to follow this  

new to dirt bikes

hi guys i am completely new to dirt bikes and was looking into getting a used hondacrf 250 but the ad says it is lowered. i am 5'11 and 165 so first off do you think i need to raise it. second is it possible to raise it and if so how. any info would be appreciated thanks.

hi guys i am completely new to dirt bikes and was looking into getting a used hondacrf 250 but the ad says it is lowered. i am 5'11 and 165 so first off do you think i need to raise it. second is it possible to raise it and if so how. any info would be appreciated thanks.

I'd ride as is for a while, probably be good for learning. Ask how it was lowered, probably very easy to convert back if the owner has the stock parts. I'm 5'11 but haven't seen 165 for a while, Rode in the '70s, and sometimes still find modern bikes a little tall.

Mike

I'm 6 foot 2" and use a lowering link. Mind you the "X" is a bit taller in the rear end than the 250R.

I think It'll be right. I'm betting if you didn't know it had one you wouldn't even have realized. It'll only be lowered somewhere between an Inch or two.

If it was shortened by a suspension company,it was probably valved for that riders weight/ability too. Unless youre close in size, you might need to respring it too.