new to dirt bikes

hi guys i am completely new to dirt bikes and was looking into getting a used hondacrf 250 but the ad says it is lowered. i am 5'11 and 165 so first off do you think i need to raise it. second is it possible to raise it and if so how. any info would be appreciated thanks.

hi guys i am completely new to dirt bikes and was looking into getting a used hondacrf 250 but the ad says it is lowered. i am 5'11 and 165 so first off do you think i need to raise it. second is it possible to raise it and if so how. any info would be appreciated thanks.

I'd ride as is for a while, probably be good for learning. Ask how it was lowered, probably very easy to convert back if the owner has the stock parts. I'm 5'11 but haven't seen 165 for a while, Rode in the '70s, and sometimes still find modern bikes a little tall.

Mike

I'm 6 foot 2" and use a lowering link. Mind you the "X" is a bit taller in the rear end than the 250R.

I think It'll be right. I'm betting if you didn't know it had one you wouldn't even have realized. It'll only be lowered somewhere between an Inch or two.

u can raise it by changing the rear shock and the linkage .

If it was shortened by a suspension company,it was probably valved for that riders weight/ability too. Unless youre close in size, you might need to respring it too.