Sign in to follow this  

Parts fit?

I bought a flywheel from a 2005 kx250f and a cam chain and tensioner from an 08 kx250f to put in my 09. Anybody know if these parts will fit? Thanks

utilizing the simple search function of kawasaki's website in the parts diagrams, the 2005 flywheel is unique to 2005. I'm pretty sure the coil setup is different on the 05 from an 09 as well. 

Again using the chain case tensioner from a 2009 and clicking the nifty yellow question mark to show where else its used, the 2009 chain tensioner fits 2009-2014. So it probably wont work either.

I bought the 05 flywheel for about $29 compared to a new 09 flywheel which is $200 somethin new. I put it on today and it fits but haven't had time to see if it actually functions.

Dont shoot the messenger, just relaying exactly what kawasaki states. There are things i've encountered in the past that Kawi doesnt mention will swap that have swapped, but when it comes to engine parts I like a definitive answer.

I understand that but I like to find cheaper ways of doing things which don't always end up being the cheaper route but when your on a budget like me you can't always afford the new correct parts lol but anyways the tensioners are exactly the same but I still don't have any spark so I think I'm gonna just try to get a whole different ignition/stator.

I understand that but I like to find cheaper ways of doing things which don't always end up being the cheaper route but when your on a budget like me you can't always afford the new correct parts lol but anyways the tensioners are exactly the same but I still don't have any spark so I think I'm gonna just try to get a whole different ignition/stator.

I know the drill, finishing my senior year of college as we speak. I ran some pretty clapped out parts this summer on both my race bikes.

Yeah sucks wish I could afford all new stuff but anyways I installed the new flywheel and tensioner and all that and wasn't getting a spark so I started testing the magneto and found a short in one of the wires. Fixed the wire put it all back together and it fired up. So the 05 flywheel does work on my 09