Sign in to follow this  

Washington Flat track racing @ The Puyallup Fair

Flat track racing this Saturday at the fairgrounds in Puyallup, WA. A couple buddies and I are going.It's a fun race to watch. Bring some warm clothes! It can get cold in there.

Heres the details

http://www.thefair.com/fun/details/motorcycle-quad-flattrack-racing

Hours: Gates open at 4:30pm
Enter at Green Gate
Admission: $10; Ages 6 and under are FREE

Indoor shortrack racing motorcycles & quads on a flat oval. 

Contact Info: mickeyfaypresents@comcast.net

Edited by Alex250L

anyone know what happened to the Seattle Mile? 

Hi Bill - missed all of you at GPNF this year...

I think they only raced at Emerald Downs one year - 1988(?). Since the construction/composition of the racing surface at Emerald Downs was designed for horse racing and good drainage, it did not work well for motorcycle racing, especially mile bikes. Turns 1 & 3 got really rutted and rough, causing a few wrecks and making things pretty dangerous. Any track work done between heats didn't last long. The track didn't have enough clay in it to establish the traditional 'blue groove' that the racers prefer.

I went into the pits after the race to get some autographs and Steve Morehead said that the track was "really scary", and that guy was fearless on a mile bike.

Was stoked to see the AMA have the 3/8ths at Elma on the schedule this year, right before the Castle Rock TT, but a month or so before the race date, it was canceled... would like to know the back story on why that happened.

Edited by Fabricator

Hi Bill - missed all of you at GPNF this year...

I think they only raced at Emerald Downs one year - 1988(?). Since the construction/composition of the racing surface at Emerald Downs was designed for horse racing and good drainage, it did not work well for motorcycle racing, especially mile bikes. Turns 1 & 3 got really rutted and rough, causing a few wrecks and making things pretty dangerous. Any track work done between heats didn't last long. The track didn't have enough clay in it to establish the traditional 'blue groove' that the racers prefer.

I went into the pits after the race to get some autographs and Steve Morehead said that the track was "really scary", and that guy was fearless on a mile bike.

Was stoked to see the AMA have the 3/8ths at Elma on the schedule this year, right before the Castle Rock TT, but a month or so before the race date, it was canceled... would like to know the back story on why that happened.

thanks Kevin, Giff was kinda of wet, but no dust. Think we rode all but 3 of the trails.   Tried that secret trail over on your side but got stopped at a rock slide, haven't been back. Legal, but it's a hiker trail. say hi to Pauline

Because the promotor at elma either could not or would not come up with the reqiured $58,000 AMA purse. And it was less than 2 weeks away when they cancelled. The whole deal was way more messed up than most wanna hear about