Help what to get

I am looking at making the change to a Honda. I have been on Yamaha for a long time. I have had a 2008 yz450f then got an 09. They are good bikes but then I ride my dads stock 2005 crf450r and the handling as great. Then my little brother got a 2007 and that one is also great and a rocket. I will be racing harescrambles and enduros. But I am looking at anything from a 2007-2010. I have been trying to do a bunch of research on all of them. I want to try the newer 09-10 models but it seems there is negatives associated with them more. I have also seen where people say they are great and just need a remap. Any help you can give is greatly appreciated.

'07 or '08 for the quickest way to a great handling, solid performing bike.

I would say the 07-08 is a better starting platform for a HS bike than the 09-12.  The 09-12 is more of a pure MX bike.  Sharper handling.  Tends to run hotter it seems.  Stock 4-spring clutch won't like tight woods and your left forearm won't like the hard pull either.  I don't know about oversize tanks but it would seem easier to put one on the 07-08 than the newer bikes.

For hardscrabble the 05-08 would be better IMO because they have more strait line stability than the newer CRFs. if you’re an mx guy then i would go with a 12 CRF. Comparing each year in the 05-08 year group, stock to stock, the 08 is the best choice. But if you find an older one in good shape with extras (BB kit, carb work, pipe, etc.) i would buy that over a stock 08. I also think the 05-08 motors are more durable than the 09-14 years and you don’t have to upgrade the clutch (if you are a clutch abuser). A downside to the 05-08 years is they are heavier than the newer bikes (or at least feel heavier) and turn like a tank. You might find that adding a larger front brake disk will be necessary depending on your needs for any year CRF you decide to purchase.

I'm not sure if this makes it any different in the choices. But the 09 I am looking at has 20 hours a rekluse core exp and a subacute exhaust.

The 2007 I found has 88 hours a rekluse core exp, wider foot pegs, skid plate, larger fuel tank. It is basically already set up.

The 2007 is a little less.

I'm not sure if this makes it any different in the choices. But the 09 I am looking at has 20 hours a rekluse core exp and a subacute exhaust.

The 2007 I found has 88 hours a rekluse core exp, wider foot pegs, skid plate, larger fuel tank. It is basically already set up.

The 2007 is a little less.

It'd be cheaper to go through the 07 engine and get it fresh than it would be to setup the 09 for what you want. 

Picked up a nice 07 with tons of extras. It runs great. I like the handling also. The guy was very y'all so he has some tall bar mounts. I do not like them to much.

I would recommend the 2012 CRF 450R . The Oe map and the 4 spring clutch have there short comings but handling wise the 12 is where Honda got it right you can ride the berms and ruts on a knife edge and has a more balanced suspension than the previous years . I personal ride a 12 and just upgraded the Map . The bike has plenty of power and after awhile you get use to the 4 spring feel . There is a company in Cali called AS Racing - there strictly a performance Honda place but do work on all brands - they have a 6 spring set up that they manufacture that uses oe style clutch packs from 2008 and your existing basket - they run them in there performance desert racing and Baja and cross country and they just finished Reno to Nevada so they are bullet proof and the clutches are more accessible .

'08 over '07 for hair scrambles - better power curve and less prone to stalling because of the tranny sensor with the 3 separate ignition maps for 1st, 2nd and 3rd-5th.