Which model crf450r 07-10

I am looking at making the change to a Honda. I have been on Yamaha for a long time. I have had a 2008 yz450f then got an 09. They are good bikes but then I ride my dads stock 2005 crf450r and the handling as great. Then my little brother got a 2007 and that one is also great and a rocket. I will be racing harescrambles and enduros. But I am looking at anything from a 2007-2010. I have been trying to do a bunch of research on all of them. I want to try the newer 09-10 models but it seems there is negatives associated with them more. I have also seen where people say they are great and just need a remap. Any help you can give is greatly appreciated.

If you haven't got great mechanical skills I would recommend the 2008 crf450 but if you're prepared to pay abit more and get a better and harder to look after bike go for the 2009 up

Edited by W1lkz722

The 08 is a good bike if you can find a nice one

In my experience riding Honda.. the newer the better.   besides of course with the 2 stroke which are all good :D

I am looking at making the change to a Honda. I have been on Yamaha for a long time. I have had a 2008 yz450f then got an 09. They are good bikes but then I ride my dads stock 2005 crf450r and the handling as great. Then my little brother got a 2007 and that one is also great and a rocket. I will be racing harescrambles and enduros. But I am looking at anything from a 2007-2010. I have been trying to do a bunch of research on all of them. I want to try the newer 09-10 models but it seems there is negatives associated with them more. I have also seen where people say they are great and just need a remap. Any help you can give is greatly appreciated.

I have a 09 450R with lots of mod work, and I would not trade/sell it for anything. 

The 09 and 10 are basically the same, but the 10 will tend to cost more because it's a newer bike. They will all need remapping, good MRD/Yoshi pipe, and suspension work. Once you have the suspension dialed-in for your weight, proper sag, etc.. they are great reliable bikes. 

The negatives apply to all of the FI 450R's. They all need remapping, suspension work, better exhaust/pipes, and clutches. The same for any other bike, it has to be dialed-in to the specific rider. 

I love my 09. However, the 10's are very nice with all the mod work being equal. Generally you will pay a lot more for a newer bike, so the 09 is very attractive. With the right mods, it will run with (or ahead) of the 13/14's with a skilled rider.

Hope this helps.

JL 

0602131112a.jpg

Can't go wrong with an 08

I have an 06 that has been a great bike. I don't think there is alot of difference between 06 and 08. Just try to find the low hours never ridden one. Mine has a skillion hours and is still very reliable. I went ahead and freshened up the motor this spring and the bore/piston looked great. Installed an 08 fastheads cyl.head with upgraded ti valves. Once you get the carb.adjusted right they start pretty easy if your big. Its fun being able to power wheelie anytime in any gear. Good luck.

2010 because of the refined F.I.

2010 because of the refined F.I.

I bought a new 2010 450R ECU, sent it to Eddie Sisneros for remap, installed it in my 09 CRF450R, continues pulling (making power) like a freight train all the way to the rev limiter in any gear of choice.. starts on first/second kick hot or cold.   

'08 gets my vote. Had older and ridden newer, still ridding '08s

Get the newest you can.