Face shim question

I have a ktm that I will like to add a face shim but I don't have more 24.1 will it be ok to use a 25 against the piston?

Edited by Pitioa

or instead of 3 of the 24.1 can I use 2 24.15?

24.15(2) are stiffer than 24.10(3), not sure by how much.  I'm pretty sure one 24.15 is also stiffer than 24.10(2), so if you're looking for less of a change you could try replacing one 24.10 with a 24.15.  I'd do either of those before I put a 25.xx in their place.

Just as a side note, there is no perfect equation between the exchange of shims when it comes to thicknesses. 

This would only be true if shims only opened to a fixed and given distance. 

Dont use a 25 it will not give enough room for the oil to flow around it, use one 24.15 which is similar to 24.1(3)

Dont use a 25 it will not give enough room for the oil to flow around it, use one 24.15 which is similar to 24.1(3)

Similar is a good word.

Or just add in another 22, 20 or 18 , will do the same thing.Unless it`s a dual stage stack of course.

Edited by MRW

Stick with the same O/D face shims to keep consistent. The coefficient for a .15 shim is 3.4 compared to a .10 shim, so it will take three .10 shims to equal the stiffness of one .15 shim.