Sign in to follow this  

Sons First Day at Motocross Track CRF 150R

Grant has been working on starts with a home made start gate.  We made it from a folding chair.

Free Tip!

When you go to an MX meet. Watch all the races before your sons race. When the 5 second board comes up start counting how long it takes for the gate to drop. Get him to do this as well so he gets the timing right.

Last season I raced the gates dropped at 4 seconds every round. I'd count to 4 in my head and then just go. Got many hole shots and never got stuck in the gates :thumbsup: . 

• Like 3

Free Tip!

When you go to an MX meet. Watch all the races before your sons race. When the 5 second board comes up start counting how long it takes for the gate to drop. Get him to do this as well so he gets the timing right.

Last season I raced the gates dropped at 4 seconds every round. I'd count to 4 in my head and then just go. Got many hole shots and never got stuck in the gates :thumbsup: . 

Excellent tip... ours drop at 4 every time as well

Well we had our first ever motocross race and it was a blast.  We had so much fun and the people at Crossroads MX in Mason Illinois are the best.  this is a great track.

Awesome! 

I did the same thing my first time out.  Decent start first moto decent finish.  Second moto stalled off the gate.

• Like 1

I USE A SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 AND UPLOAD MY VIDEOS TO YOUTUBE WHEN I GET HOME.  YOU TUBE HAS THIS GREAT FREE FEATURE THAT LETS YOU EDIT AND CREATE MOVIES.  IT TAKES SOME TIME TO GET USED TO IT BUT THIS IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN PLAYING AROUND WITH.  I LOVE GOOGLE  (ALL FREE)

• Like 1

Well we have been at this all summer and it has been a lot of fun.  WE love being at the track and meeting new parents and riders.  We had one wreck on the finish line jump in June that set him back about 4 weeks but all is good.  These are some of the latest videos I have of him.