Seat Concepts low seat

hey guys, I've been thinking about getting a new seat for awhile now and seat concepts makes a really good seat.

I like the idea of their low seat, i have no significant problem touching/tip-toeing the bike around now but having a little extra grab couldn't hurt.

My question is how nice does the low seat look compared to the shape of the stock height seat because i know it sweeps down more.

also i tend to sit very far back, almost completely on the end of the seat, so would having the low seat really do much seeing as the low part seems to be very far forward?

Ive seen lots of pictures of top views and back views, but anyone with a seat concepts low seat throw up some broad side pics!

As always thanks in advance!!  :applause:

The seat foam is lower all the way from front to back but by far the greatest reduction is towards the front.  The seat also slopes downward and some don't like that because you can slide forward when braking, especially if you're sitting near the front already.  I think the seat is much more comfortable than stock but I can't sit back like you describe because I'm not tall enough to reach.

Dr Z400s.jpg

The seat foam is lower all the way from front to back but by far the greatest reduction is towards the front.  The seat also slopes downward and some don't like that because you can slide forward when braking, especially if you're sitting near the front already.  I think the seat is much more comfortable than stock but I can't sit back like you describe because I'm not tall enough to reach.

📎Dr Z400s.jpg

Great looking bike,  like those graphics,  what year is it?

I've bought both the normal seat and a low seat this year. I'm 6'3" so I tried the normal seat first.

I started with the normal seat, carbon top and bottom. The normal seat was a bit stiffer than the gel seat, especially until it broke in. However it was definitely softer than the "stock" seat. It's 100x more comfortable than the stock seat, and more comfortable than the gel seat. It won't turn your DRZ into a cruiser, but it does extend the distance you can go.

drz40056.jpg

I tend to hug the tank anyways, and really didn't like sitting up higher on the track, even at my height. So I bit the bullet and bought the low seat. It makes me feel more comfortable on the track. This time I got the gripper top, carbon sides.

drzlowseat1.jpg

To compare the two, I will say the normal seat is definitely slightly more comfortable than the low seat. There's more foam, so it's going to be more comfortable. That's not to say the low seat is not comfortable though, it's still better than stock. With the carbon top I had a tendency to slide around, with the gripper top, you won't slide at all. I prefer the gripper top, however now at the track when I need to shift my weight around I have to lift up off the seat just slightly. It's still an improvement over sliding around.

Overall I've been very happy with SeatConcepts, great guys to talk with if you have questions. I would definitely recommend them. The first time I bought a complete seat. The second time I bought just the foam and cover. I used a standard staple gun from the hardware store to do the seat, no real problems.

• Like 2

I've bought both the normal seat and a low seat this year. I'm 6'3" so I tried the normal seat first.

I tend to hug the tank anyways, and really didn't like sitting up higher on the track, even at my height. So I bit the bullet and bought the low seat. It makes me feel more comfortable on the track. This time I got the gripper top, carbon sides.

Overall I've been very happy with SeatConcepts, great guys to talk with if you have questions. I would definitely recommend them. The first time I bought a complete seat. The second time I bought just the foam and cover. I used a standard staple gun from the hardware store to do the seat, no real problems.

I'm 6'2" and got the tall seat. The profile looks like a fanny cushion, but I like the comfort. I can still flat foot my SM with both feet. I'm going the opposite direction of you Ohio. I'm looking to put a Rizoma handlebar on to lower the bars. I guess I'm too used to the leverage I get on a sportbike and want a similar feeling on the DRZ.

016_zps44d1b476.jpg

015_zpsa07fdd6f.jpg

004_zpsee245926.jpg

This is a version 2 low with red stitching, this is their full seat pan and all. gripper top carbon sides. Great seat. Love it. but it is on craigslist

Dan

Your seat? or bike........... ?  Either way...kind of sucky news.

Edited by Signman606