420 to 428 chain upgrade on ssr 125?

I was riding my 2013 ssr 125 the other day on a practice track and was doing some pretty big jumps, and my chain snapped right off. Found it shortly after and the break wasnt even at the master link and the link that broke was very crooked. It was probably the stock chain, but I got to thinking, could I get 428 sprockets and a chain to make it more durable, or should I just get a name brand chain?

I was riding my 2013 ssr 125 the other day on a practice track and was doing some pretty big jumps, and my chain snapped right off. Found it shortly after and the break wasnt even at the master link and the link that broke was very crooked. It was probably the stock chain, but I got to thinking, could I get 428 sprockets and a chain to make it more durable, or should I just get a name brand chain?

name brand chain should be fine.  the stock chains last for a while but they do break.  mine broke the same way but i wasnt jumping.  it snapped on me after i pinned it in 2nd. 

we have

Magnum = good 

D.I.D = better 

Renthal = best 

Awesome thanks guys! Another question. I could get an aftermarket rear brake caliper or I might just get the pads on tbolt. The thing is, is the people that owned it before me somehow managed to make a huge groove into the bigger pad  and some of the pad broke off causing it to wear very uneven. Should I stick to stock or upgrade it to something with better pads? Thanks!