He's Hooked

California

Steven came home today from school,  immediately opened the garage and started his motorcycle.  Rode it around the neighborhood standing up.  Did the stop & go drill and the figure 8 slow ride.  Things he learned from DirtWise to become a better dirt biker.

My neighbors love me.  I have a gay couple next door that turns me into the HOA if I leave my garbage cans out and extra day. :lol:

I fixed his goggles so he could take them on & off with less effort, the simple quick release strap. He was very happy wearing this new setup.

Didn’t ask me anything.  Didn’t tell me anything.  Just did it on his own. :thumbsup:

He’s hooked! :D 

P.S.  I still like to ride him about the 7 double shots of Techila @ Moonrocks!  Oh, to be young again!

100_0329.JPG

Edited by superslyko

MovieQuiz_1294-7.jpg

Hope my son comes back around. He's lost intrest. Used to ask me to go every weekend when he was little. Now with collage, girls, music, internet...he's got other things on his mind.

Savor every moment you two have together Scott.

In another note, I may be done riding all together. I have torn my rotator cuff and looks lIke surgury is in my future along with 6 months of recovery. Doc says, worst case senario,  that depending how well things heal, I may not be able to ride again.  F,F,F,F,F!

That is so cool to hear, I just had my first son and already dreaming of riding with him.

Sorry to hear about your shoulder, maybe you could just take a year off and heal or there is always off road/truck/buggy racing.

Start em young

grossmont007.jpg

Mine could care less as well.

The schools are teaching that dirt bikes are evil environment destroying machines, go hug a tree and save a Red-Legged frog instead....

My son just turned 18. He still bugs me to go riding which is fun but damn he never wants to get off my bike. He will be getting his own. It all depends on his grades. He is starting to get senioritis.

Hope my son comes back around. He's lost intrest. Used to ask me to go every weekend when he was little. Now with collage, girls, music, internet...he's got other things on his mind.

In another note, I may be done riding all together. I have torn my rotator cuff and looks lIke surgury is in my future along with 6 months of recovery. Doc says, worst case senario,  that depending how well things heal, I may not be able to ride again.  F,F,F,F,F!

my son just moved out for collage, girls, music, internet and other things, vary sad for me, road with him since his jr50, till he moved out a few months ago, he has done more trail work with me than 98% of most people will do in a life time, and taught him to be and excellent trail rider.. 

Love the stories. I have 12 & 14 yo boys. They love riding, but not like i did. There are so many more things to entertain kids these days. I would have killed for the life my kids live. Like you guys, i treasure the time with them. They think I'm still cool because i can still "let it eat" I ask them if they'll still ride with me when they grow up and they say yes. We'll see.

my son just moved out for collage, girls, music, internet and other things, vary sad for me, road with him since his jr50, till he moved out a few months ago, he has done more trail work with me than 98% of most people will do in a life time, and taught him to be and excellent trail rider..

In 10 years he'll be helping you down the trail... Good Dad's get much more from their sons later in life when they come to really appreciate who you are.

Great story! My son was born a month ago and already I can't wait to take him on a ride. Patience is a good thing.

Great story! My son was born a month ago and already I can't wait to take him on a ride. Patience is a good thing.

I started mine out on the gas tank of my XR 600, he used to fall asleep and I would have to hold on to him, we road thousands of miles like that and never fell down, (dam lucky).  when he was on his xr 80 I would take him out on 70-90 mile rides because he didn't under stand that you were only supposed to ride laps around the camp ground and call it a ride. miss them days

I think raising  kids on dirt bikes helps them be better prepared for life

I just got my boy (age 12) riding this year. He sure digs it too! There is a trail close to the house. Since he was new to riding, I would walk the trial while he buzzed around, just incase he dumped it. After a few weeks of watching him, I got the itch, to get a bike. I bought an old, cheap bike so we could ride together. It's been a great summer, spending time together. I remember when I was his age, riding my dirt bike was one of my fondest memories growing up.

Yep me too! I have so much fun riding with my son (he's 12). He gets so stoked and excited to ride and it is infectious. It reminds me to just relax and enjoy riding a dirtbike. We really only ride trails , he is not really interested in MX and I can't jump very well so we head out to the mountains.

Hollister on Sunday!!!

In the beginning

grossmont009.jpg

14 years ago

firstgrouppic.jpg

last season, Mom too

0032-1.jpg[/uR

lots of good memories and more to come

Edited by crfxer

Just curious, what is your Dr.s opinion on riding motorcycles in general? I dislocated my shoulder and completely tore my rotator cuff off. 100% tear. They said I should be able to be back on the bike in 6 months if I strictly follow the physical therapy regimate. That was the goal of my physical therapist, Orthopedic Surgeon, Family Dr. All on the same page.

It's all about range of motion. Have you seen those VW commercials where the dad is trying to teach his son how to throw a ball? The dad is a total awkward douche and can't throw very far or straight. That's me to a "T". But that type of range of motion is irrelevant when it comes to riding.

Don't get discouraged, like the saying goes, you get out our physical therapy what you put into it. Good luck!!!

!The dad is a total awkward douche and can't throw very far or straight. That's me to a "T"!

:thinking:

:thinking:

Keep thinking on how your gonna find your way back when you are 40 miles from the truck and only have 20 miles of gas left. Soon enough we will find out. :-). My friend Roger is in.