Sign in to follow this  

TS125R Japan spec?

Just wondering if anyone has any info about the TS125R, if the Japan spec differs from any other country?  Reason is, I supplied a Japanese customer with a silencer from the UK but isn't long enough by about a inch and the silencer pipe is too high. It cannot be rotated down as the silencer body is already touching the sub frame??  I may have to make up some kind of adapters? 

Thanks.

Just wondering if anyone has any info about the TS125R, if the Japan spec differs from any other country?  Reason is, I supplied a Japanese customer with a silencer from the UK but isn't long enough by about a inch and the silencer pipe is too high. It cannot be rotated down as the silencer body is already touching the sub frame??  I may have to make up some kind of adapters? 

Thanks.

Does his bike look like this (High pipe)? 

1988_TS125X_wh-bl_side_800.jpg

Or like this (Low pipe)?

1990-TS125X.jpg

Edited by RhinofromWA

Thanks for the reply, it's the second newer type version.

We didn't get the in the good old USA.  Could you have ordered the muffler for the other model by mistake?  Different models being available in different markets can make parts hard to sort out.  Countries other than USA received an updated RM250 past the one we had that they put new graphics on in the later years.

Good luck, hopefully someone comes upon it this thread that can help.