Will I be able to go to KM this weekend (with govt shutdown)?

California

So KM is in national forest obviously, so I am wondering if anyone knows if I'll be able to get in, with this shutdown bs? Does the shutdown extend to all national forests or just national parks, like Yosemite and Yellowstone? Should I bring a pair of bolt cutters to ensure I have a good weekend? :ride: It just got the first snow of the season today so hopefully the conditions this weekend will be damp!

I was just there this weekend. All the trails are open but the campsites are closed. I normally stay at Troy overflow but with the closures we had to stay at an undeveloped campsite (mahogany). Only had a few others there and saw almost nobody on the trails.

Braap!

I am normally in troy overflow as well. We will look into mahogany then! Thank you much sir!

Be prepared for the cold. It was 25 degrees Friday night when we got there and a really nice 60s during the day. Looks like snow there the next 2 days and then clear for the weekend.

I will definitely account for the chilly weather! :ride:

They consider Troy Overflow developed?

Not sure what they consider developed but the overflow does have a bathroom....

They consider Troy Overflow developed?

If it has a pit toilet...  security (guy that gives you a probing and ticket)..  and a kiosk (plywood bullitin board) it is developed camping.  :lol:

oh..never seen the shitter there didnt know they had one i like to poop in the trees 

pooping-in-the-woods.gif

I know the shitter developes quite the mound and one hellava smell!!

There's actually a sign on the $hitter stating. Due to the gov shutdown the restrooms are not being maintained. So in a week or so the $hit should start piling up! I know I made a few deposits there this past weekend :-)

Actually, the $hit has been piling up steadily for 237 years.  And growing exponentially it seems.  It's about to overflow and wash over the American public in one huge tsunami styled $hitstorm.  

Oh wait, that already happened....

I was just there this weekend. All the trails are open but the campsites are closed. I normally stay at Troy overflow but with the closures we had to stay at an undeveloped campsite (mahogany). Only had a few others there and saw almost nobody on the trails.

Braap!

where is Mahogany from fish creek campground? I have a truck camper, all I need is a legal place to park.

Just a little further up the road... Between Fish and Troy.