Sign in to follow this  

California Penny Pines

Still have few days of vacation to burn and want see some sun. Is the riding area open, the message on the ranger's answering machine speaks only about camgrounds being closed.

Want to be sure, it's a long drive.

Thanks

I got the same message this morning. They never said the Ohv was closed. I'm planing on riding there this Saturday.

See you's there....not making excuses but ive busted my wrist on the hole hog in work so be ready to hear me whine!

Dude that sucks, I hope it's not to bad. That's one of the main reasons I became a machinist. I let the machine do the work for me.

Dude that sucks, I hope it's not to bad. That's one of the main reasons I became a machinist. I let the machine do the work for me.

i usually get an apprentice to do it!

We had a great ride on Saturday. Ossidog rode with us in the morning. It's been a while since I have ridden with Ossi. Thanks dude for letting me try out the 350. That's a very nice bike.

We rode for 65 miles and we were good and tired after that ride. We did the 38 loop and headed over to 37. The plan was to ride 37 and hit the 17N04 fire road over to 6. When we got over to the fire road, those hillbillys that own the property next to the hot springs had a gate acrossed the road. I can't believe the forset service let them block this road. It's a main road from one side the forest to the other. Does anyone have any info how they got away with this?

Any way I was so pissed off at this gate and I wasn't going to have us turn around and go the long way around. We didn't have the gas to do that. So we rode are bikes around the fence and drug are bikes under the fence next to there shack. I was so pissed off they closed this road, I didn't really care. I'm not the kind of person that rides on private property without permission, but this is a major access road that I have ridden for over 35 years.

Anyway we had a great ride. There were also plenty off people camping in the closed camp grounds. Ha Ha government!!!!

Yep it was a good ride until I over shot a bend and my bike slid over the steep edge. Luckily it snagged on some bushes. I waited on the other two for 20 min but I had missed the turn so they weren't coming to help! Some guys on small thumpers rode past and helped me lift it out. I found Brennan and ossi and then we rode another 40odd miles of sweetness! Still feeling the aches today and my wrist kills so much so that I bought Fasst Flexx bars for jack hammer next weekend.

We had a great ride on Saturday. Ossidog rode with us in the morning. It's been a while since I have ridden with Ossi. Thanks dude for letting me try out the 350. That's a very nice bike.

We rode for 65 miles and we were good and tired after that ride. We did the 38 loop and headed over to 37. The plan was to ride 37 and hit the 17N04 fire road over to 6. When we got over to the fire road, those hillbillys that own the property next to the hot springs had a gate acrossed the road. I can't believe the forset service let them block this road. It's a main road from one side the forest to the other. Does anyone have any info how they got away with this?

Any way I was so pissed off at this gate and I wasn't going to have us turn around and go the long way around. We didn't have the gas to do that. So we rode are bikes around the fence and drug are bikes under the fence next to there shack. I was so pissed off they closed this road, I didn't really care. I'm not the kind of person that rides on private property without permission, but this is a major access road that I have ridden for over 35 years.

Anyway we had a great ride. There were also plenty off people camping in the closed camp grounds. Ha Ha government!!!!

37 is  fun as hell isnt it? I ate shit going over that big log on the way back. The first time I went over it just fine. But, on the way back I was over thinking it and it bit me.