KTM 85 mods

What is the best mods I can use on my 85 big wheel(2009) . We are on bit of a budget too.

Currently we have:

-orange bud head (high comp insert)

-Revalved forks and different rear spring

-wossner polished piston

-sxs factory CDI and full pipe

We don't need suspension but could do with power

Why won't they allow 105's on the track? You should just bore it to a 105, I did it to mine, and it's quite a bit quicker than the 85. It also helps a bit with power down low, not much though. You could get v-force 3 reeds, they do help out a little not much.

Edited by EnduroR18

Currently a 105 is prohibited at all of my mx clubs around me, and I'm only 13 so I don't want to be on a full size bike yet📎 ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1382128178.066514.jpg📎 ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1382128211.107622.jpg

And yes that's a shiny gold front plate.

The size stays the same it will be a bit faster but I don't think you want to call it a full sized bike. If you want more power, that's the best thing you can do to get more power.

Do any of you know what porting the barrel is like and how it would perform?

Porting the barrel is referred to machining holes and slots in the muzzle of a gun, for less recoil. I think you mean cylinder porting; you reshape the intake and exhaust ports, for better flow, increasing performance. Boring is where you bore the cylinder to fit a larger piston from a larger displacement engine. Porting won't increase horsepower, but will help with throttle response.

Edited by EnduroR18

Proper porting will increase HP. You can time it for any giving RPM, and you will get more HP at that RPM. Not much, but more.

There are many things that you can do, but the best is invest in yourself. Seems that you are relying on a mechanical advantage to beat your competitors. If you have 2 bikes that are alike, there will always be a faster rider. Hes just faster because of his skill set.

Im surprised at your comment about your suspension. Why do you think that you dont need suspension? Even if yours has been re-worked, you can still make it better. Experiment with it.

He's right ^. Suspension matters a lot. Yeah you can make a lot of power but do some suspension work. If you race, you need handling bike. In the mx world a bike with less power can sometimes outrun a bike with more, you see it all the time. With suspension work you can get good traction and handling. If you race definetly do some suspension work. You won't believe how many times my 105 got beat by 85's which have less power. But I had a stock suspension. In the racing world the rider matters more than the vehicle.

Edited by EnduroR18