Sign in to follow this  

Washington Need Bike Transport from Seattle to Norcal? Will cover fuel

Just bought a new to me 2012 500 EXC.  It is in Seattle.  I am in Norcal.  

Hoping some fellow TTer would be willing to shuttle for a couple hundred bucks in fuel and Starbucks and GOOD KARMA!

Obviously jonesing to throw a leg over the new bike, but anytime in the next couple of weeks would be super.

It is at my brother-in-law's house now in the Seattle area.

PM me if this might be a possibity.

Thanks,

Jeff

(925) 766-7889

Anywhere. You tell me what's easy. I am in Walnut Creek but can go anywhere. Redding, Sacramento, Stockton, whatever.

Why not use forward air To transport it ? I've used them a couple of times. They provide the container you need to provide the locks and tie downs. Their drop off site is like Kent/auburn up here and I'm sure they have nor cal locations.

Bud just got his new ossa explorer shipped up from cal,  was cheaper than fuel driving down.

This is a thing? Report?

This is a thing? Report?

I'll let him report, here's a pic for ya though. Note included street legal eqpt and buddy pegs, so going for a WA plate, just cuz.

33c190a3ac62226b7b03d2e7b802a66a_zps576f

Edited by highmarker

Yup, gotto hear about that one! I want them to make the MX bike they where promising a couple years ago. It would be on my new bike list if they would build it. The Explorer might be on my street bike list soon though.

the question I have about all these little 'enduro' type bikes is....can they take a grown man rompin?  I broke a GasGas Pampera in lots of pieces. Whole thing has been re-welded.

I'll let him report, here's a pic for ya though. Note included street legal eqpt and buddy pegs, so going for a WA plate, just cuz.

33c190a3ac62226b7b03d2e7b802a66a_zps576f

WOW......nice scoot!  tell Mark congrats :thumbsup:

Joe

I put up a review someplace here...

Great fun!

It was $280 FedEx freight, 2 day.

Just fuel would have been at least that for me to go get it.

It would have been great at Entiat Joe!

Not to hijack, just short vid

Edited by lotus54

the question I have about all these little 'enduro' type bikes is....can they take a grown man rompin?  I broke a GasGas Pampera in lots of pieces. Whole thing has been re-welded.

Did you go and break your ladies motorcycle? Hmmm, this happened to a poor KLX125 some time ago it seems.... :banana:

Did you go and break your ladies motorcycle? Hmmm, this happened to a poor KLX125 some time ago it seems.... :banana:

yep...the Pampera is a fascinating machine, and great for non-aggressive riders that don't want to jump.  I've been on it a few times, and somehow the welder has come out shortly thereafter. That thing is a mtn goat though...climb a tree with it. I gotta rebuild the shock currently.

The KLX125 is still in pieces....broke it clean in half :)

Edited by Slackkinhard

yep...the Pampera is a fascinating machine, and great for non-aggressive riders that don't want to jump.  I've been on it a few times, and somehow the welder has come out shortly thereafter. That thing is a mtn goat though...climb a tree with it. I gotta rebuild the shock currently.

I've read stories of others breaking them too (Pampera). However, if just she rides it (as designed) it'll last forever.