Sign in to follow this  

1987 cr250 rims

hey guys just wondering if any other year rims fit? other than 87-89...need new rims for the winter just curious what else will bolt right up

Also interested in knowing. I got a nice crack on one.

Have you considered buying just the bare rim and transfering over your hubs and spokes? They are about $100-130/e online. That's what i'm getting to -.-

Also interested in knowing. I got a nice crack on one.

Have you considered buying just the bare rim and transfering over your hubs and spokes? They are about $100-130/e online. That's what i'm getting to -.-

yeah i was thinkin of doin the same my hubs are in great shape but the front is a lil warped and the back has a nice crack changed the tire the other day and noticed it ...where were u lookin online for just the rims?

eBay has a "Pro-Wheel" brand for like $100, Moose ~$120 Excel between $130-150. Just the outer rim. Better than $400 for a new rim.

But i also want to go back and check what other year wheels we can interchange.. We could go see some local stuff on craigslist with a par of calipers and the old rim. A sprocket is a sprocket. Axles have play in the swing arm so that a +- dimension. The width (spacers), that is an important measurement. OD's have to be the same. You have disk brakes so i'm pretty sure one can space the caliper one way or the other a bit if needed be. I'm kinda screwed i just noticed. I have a drum brake lol!

thats why i was askin so many little things to that will make or break the fit lol i wonder if the 87 -89 swing arm would fit on your 86? then youd have a lil more range with the rims and have a rear disc!!!