Sign in to follow this  

2012 350 sxf question

So i have a 2012 350 sxf and 2012 250 xc. I race harescrambles and im starting to get tired of the smoker. So im thinking about putting my parts on the 350 and racing it next season. My question is does anyone know ruffly how long you can go on the tank? If i could ride the full 2 hrs on it i would rather not get a new tank just cause thats i like smaller tanks.

I guess i should also say i have only rode the 350 on the track and i have no idea about the gas just because i fill it back up after every other moto

ive done one race so far on my  350 sxf it was 3 hours 20 min ama west harescramble. I have the 3.2 acerbis tank on there and I almost used it all... I have a regular 2 hour race the next 2 weekends so ill let ya know how much I used. Im curious my self if I can get away with a stock 2.5 xcf tank on those... but the stock 2.0 I wouldn't try it...

ive done one race so far on my 350 sxf it was 3 hours 20 min ama west harescramble. I have the 3.2 acerbis tank on there and I almost used it all... I have a regular 2 hour race the next 2 weekends so ill let ya know how much I used. Im curious my self if I can get away with a stock 2.5 xcf tank on those... but the stock 2.0 I wouldn't try it...

thanks if i decide to do it i will prob buy a ims for it just because the xc tanks get old trying to clean on.

So i have a 2012 350 sxf and 2012 250 xc. I race harescrambles and im starting to get tired of the smoker. So im thinking about putting my parts on the 350 and racing it next season. My question is does anyone know ruffly how long you can go on the tank? If i could ride the full 2 hrs on it i would rather not get a new tank just cause thats i like smaller tanks.

I have the same bike and also race 2 hour hare scrambles. I could make 3 laps on the stock tank which is normally all i would do. if i had to do a 4th lap i would pit after the 3rd. A track is typically 10-12 miles long. I would recommend getting the ims 3.1 gal, never have to even worry about pitting again. i got it and i like it

I have the same bike and also race 2 hour hare scrambles. I could make 3 laps on the stock tank which is normally all i would do. if i had to do a 4th lap i would pit after the 3rd. A track is typically 10-12 miles long. I would recommend getting the ims 3.1 gal, never have to even worry about pitting again. i got it and i like it

k thanks thats about what i thought. On my 2t with the stock xc tank i usually have about a 1/3 of a tank left at the end of a race.

You can EASILY go 2 hrs on a stock 350SXF tank..... my XCF has 1/2 a tank left after 40 mile race running an A pace. My buddies SXF has a little less but can go 50 miles atleast..

I just got off a 250XC and would rather ride my 350SXF in the harescramble races by far..

I would say yes you can do if on the stock tank. I have the ims 3.1 on my sxf and at A pace I have a little less than half tank left after 2 hours

Edited by Woodsweapon350

my race last weekend went 2 hours 12 mins and I used 1.8 gallons.im definitely not gunna be filling up my 3.2 tank all the way for those. a sandy or muddy race, or an ama 3 hour round will put ya over the 2 gallon mark.

I have the xc tank and raced FL hare scrambles in the sand and weigh 220lbs. i rode in B class and never finished a race without less than half a tank. i also rode an enduro that was 100 miles and made nearly 70 miles before i had to get gas, my mistake i was thinking there would be gas at the half way point. took 2 gallons and finished with about half a tank 100 miles.

i have to think that you could do a 2 hour hare scrambles on the stock tank.