High revs then stall

Hey I recently got a 1978 suzuki ts125 and it ran well until this week.  It was raining when I was riding it and it began revving realy high but whenever I let the throttle go it would stall.  I checked the reeds and they were fine, and the carburator is new, same with the spark plug so I don't know what could be happening.  The response is very delayed on the throttle when it does run.  The bike is also very hard to kick start again after stalling, I don't know if that's related.

Hey I recently got a 1978 suzuki ts125 and it ran well until this week.  It was raining when I was riding it and it began revving realy high but whenever I let the throttle go it would stall.  I checked the reeds and they were fine, and the carburator is new, same with the spark plug so I don't know what could be happening.  The response is very delayed on the throttle when it does run.  The bike is also very hard to kick start again after stalling, I don't know if that's related.

Sounds like an air leak to me, I had the exact thing happen to my yz 125 and it turns out the carb and reed cage weren't sealed properly to the cylinder so I put copper gasket sealant in and it solved the problem. However it could be a bad case seal which is a little harder to fix.

Thanks! I'll check it out, could it be repaired by replacing the gaskets in the top end?

Thanks! I'll check it out, could it be repaired by replacing the gaskets in the top end?

No problem, and as long as you through some sealant between the connections between the carb and cylinder you should be fine, no top end needed

it was an oil seal that fell out behind the magneto, thanks for the help