Sign in to follow this  

My 400 has a tired look...2013 makeover suggestions

Love my 2001 400, but Ive been noticing it has a dated look....which at one time, I loved. I was wondering what others might have done to give an updated aesthetic look to their XR?

I could probably get away with putting a 450x front fender on...but what about a headlight fixture? Something aftermarket. Gas tank/? I love the way the modern enduro bikes looks like the KTM's and the Husabergs.

Thanks!

Cut the side panels down, and get a polisport rear MX fender.  I'm still searching for a front number plate that gets rid of the headlight, so I'm with you on getting suggestions there.  Below is mine. 

MountVernon-20130711-00165_zps12a9a076.j

MountVernon-20130711-00164_zps523af205.j

Yo, I have a front number plate

Just need a crf front fender

FF9B4E6B-FC22-432F-91DA-BBCE6D298FE4-615

Edited by O2viper700

This is mine 1997 XR4

57_zps111aef57.jpg

MX style polisport rear fender, CRF's 2012 front fender and number plate, a set of cheap graphics and i painted the frame black.

FWIW, I notice you are running USD forks. Will a CRF fender easily fit a standard XR fork?

Cut the side panels down, and get a polisport rear MX fender.  I'm still searching for a front number plate that gets rid of the headlight, so I'm with you on getting suggestions there.  Below is mine. 

MountVernon-20130711-00165_zps12a9a076.j

MountVernon-20130711-00164_zps523af205.j

You're bike looks good, I like the cut down side panels. I would just bag that dated front fender and put on a '03 CRF front fender 

FWIW, I notice you are running USD forks. Will a CRF fender easily fit a standard XR fork?

Two of 4 holes are ready, you must to do only 2 extra holes to fit the fender on the stock fork.