Pro Seal Air Filter Gasket

So there I was right just scanning thru Motosport.com picking out items I need to order up before I go on my next ride... and came across this "Pro Seal Air Filter Gasket"

Does anybody have any feedback if this product is good or bad?...... FYI, I play in the sand a lot!!

You don't even need to do that... if you trust your filter oil.  You will find that most OEM filters run 3 densities of foam.  The filter element itself will have two densities for two stages of filtration and the base of the filter will be a third higher density material to seal against the housing.

Edited by 1987CR250R

Thanks guys, the reason I'm looking around and asking is... I took my bike to the shop cause with work I'm out of town alot for work and dont have time to work on the bike when I come home (one weekend every three weeks). My last ride I was having a big issues everytime I hit a bump or whoop my bike would stall & and the throttle would lock up half open, I'd have to pull in the cluth wiggle the thottle and pop the cluth to get the bike started again all without stoping. The shop said my throttle needle was sand blasted so it was sticking that was why it was happening...

For sand trips I run a UNI air filter, I oil the inner and outter foams with  Maxima spray on air filter oil let sit for a day, before it goes on the bike I put a sock filter over top... but I havn't been putting rim grease on

Thanks guys, the reason I'm looking around and asking is... I took my bike to the shop cause with work I'm out of town alot for work and dont have time to work on the bike when I come home (one weekend every three weeks). My last ride I was having a big issues everytime I hit a bump or whoop my bike would stall & and the throttle would lock up half open, I'd have to pull in the cluth wiggle the thottle and pop the cluth to get the bike started again all without stoping. The shop said my throttle needle was sand blasted so it was sticking that was why it was happening...

For sand trips I run a UNI air filter, I oil the inner and outter foams with Maxima spray on air filter oil let sit for a day, before it goes on the bike I put a sock filter over top... but I havn't been putting rim grease on

get rid of that uni and upgrade to a Twin Air.. and also use the grease on base of filter

Every new and used dirtbike that left our shop got a thin layer of bel ray waterproof grease on the filter seal. They seal ok without grease but grit always manages to get past it. I've yet to see a filter cage that put equal pressure on the sealing surface all the wah around. It only takes 1 wrinkle or crease...

Most OEM filters look very porous when put side by side with a GOOD aftermarket filter.

I use a twin air filter with a dust cover because it is just so much easier to clean the really gritty stuff out of coarse dust cover. Now back to the point , I use it on my bike and as long as you take the time to very carefully put your filter on the cage you should be good. It is a little thick so you get that extra push and and kinda soft so I think it's nice....

Look at the inside. The OEM filters have a coarse outer foam and a fine inner foam, they are 2-stage filters.

I'm aware. I assembled new bikes for a few years. When you put the oem beside a twin air or other premium filter the material in both stages is thinner and the outer stage tends to be very porous relying on the inner stage to do the work. The foam in the seal area is usually thinner too. Some oem filters ARE single stage on the smaller or cheaper models. I've probably lubed over 1000 filters for new bikes. Some are definitely better than others.

All of them got waterproof grease on the seal. Its easy insurance.

To the OP, I've never used a gasket so I can't comment on that. I've never had a greased seal show any signs of letting dust past.

Some bikes the sealing surface warps or flexes around as the frame flexes around riding, this is what I believe the PC foam was designed for evn though they sell them for application that aren't so problematic.

With my hondas and kawasaki's I find the opposite. The OEM filters are much finer filters than most the aftermarket.