Sign in to follow this  

06 dies/loses spark when hot.

Hoping someone can help Bike starts and runs great until about 2 laps when it gets up to temp for a while then it stalls out like its out of gas. I pulled the plug and get no spark when its warm if I wait about 15 min and it cools down and I kick I get great spark and the bike runs. Where should I start? I was told its probably the stator but I dont want to throw that much for one if its not the issue. Anyone have this issue or know of where to start?

Joep, change the spark plug cap-coil (the black rubbery part that fits over the spark plug). My 06 had this same problem. I found one on ebay. My bike started up and ran fine after the replacement.

Edited by Trev YT

Hoping someone can help Bike starts and runs great until about 2 laps when it gets up to temp for a while then it stalls out like its out of gas. I pulled the plug and get no spark when its warm if I wait about 15 min and it cools down and I kick I get great spark and the bike runs. Where should I start? I was told its probably the stator but I dont want to throw that much for one if its not the issue. Anyone have this issue or know of where to start?

I had a strange experience with mine. After much cursing and struggles I finally changed out coil and problem was fixed.

Already have the manual and OHMed out all parts like it says so thanks for that classic reply, it ended up being the stator. Replaced it and never had the problem again.