My RMZ 450

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi guys. I have just bought a 2007 suzuki rmz 450. Never had a dirt bike before always owned super bikes. Any hints tips etc with owning maintaining riding etc 📎ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1395342537.302190.jpg

That's not an 07 man, that's an 05-06 model you have. They are great bikes, my bike I've been posting is an 05 & I also own an 07. I'd suggest getting it ported & if the exhaust is stock you definately want to change that too, they're too restrictive. & maintainence wise. Check the timing chain often because they tend to get loose after awhile but other than that they are great bikes!

Thanks. Here in South Africa they registered as 07 models. Thanks for the tips. Only problem is performance parts are so expensive with the weak rand etc. I heard that there is a exzorst mod by trimming a few centimeters off the silencer. Are the black rims standard on these bikes. How can I tell if the cam chain needs tightening etc

Thanks. Here in South Africa they registered as 07 models. Thanks for the tips. Only problem is performance parts are so expensive with the weak rand etc. I heard that there is a exzorst mod by trimming a few centimeters off the silencer. Are the black rims standard on these bikes. How can I tell if the cam chain needs tightening etc

Id atleast take the silencer out, it'll help to a certain extent. Black wheels are not standard, silver excel wheels are stock but they could be painted. & when the cam chain is loose you will hear a difference when it's idling (somewhat of a knocking sound) people often assume it's the valves but it's not. That's how I got mine so cheap, the guy thought the valves was bad & was gonna pass it along before things started breaking. But he was wrong & took me 10 minutes to correct. I did eventually adjust the valves & port the head & it runs strong

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1395540202.999231.jpg

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1395540281.581489.jpg

Very simple.