Sign in to follow this  

CRF 80 Rebuild question

Sorry I know this has probably been addressed a lot but I couldn't find it on the search bar for this forum. This is my first time working on a fourstoke and I split the crankcases so I'm not sure how to align the timing on the cam chain and crank specific to the crf 80 for reassembly, any kind of walk through would be helpful and again I'm sorry for asking this question again it's just I don't know the specifics of the crf 80. Thanks for any feedback.

Sorry I know this has probably been addressed a lot but I couldn't find it on the search bar for this forum. This is my first time working on a fourstoke and I split the crankcases so I'm not sure how to align the timing on the cam chain and crank specific to the crf 80 for reassembly, any kind of walk through would be helpful and again I'm sorry for asking this question again it's just I don't know the specifics of the crf 80. Thanks for any feedback.

why did you split the cases?

why did you split the cases?

unfortunately the chain broke off and snapped the case around the shift shaft and a couple other spots so I bought a new case to swap into it.

unfortunately the chain broke off and snapped the case around the shift shaft and a couple other spots so I bought a new case to swap into it.

pics?? its an 80 if i could i would have jb welded

pics?? its an 80 if i could i would have jb welded

haha ya I realized that a little too late since I already sent it off to get welded by my friend