Buy bike in different countrys

Ok i dont really know where im going with this haha but i was thinking about how people buy bike in diferent countrys. I live in washington usa(in a town well known for gettin down and dirty with horses. Bonus points if u can guess lol.) I digress sometimes i think the world is centered around the usa. Maybe u out of country folks can say the same for your country. So the question is, how do u guys buy bikes? Is there a honda dealership in south africa? Do u have to special order and ship a suzuki to ireland?

Ok i dont really know where im going with this haha but i was thinking about how people buy bike in diferent countrys. I live in washington usa(in a town well known for gettin down and dirty with horses. Bonus points if u can guess lol.) I digress sometimes i think the world is centered around the usa. Maybe u out of country folks can say the same for your country. So the question is, how do u guys buy bikes? Is there a honda dealership in south africa? Do u have to special order and ship a suzuki to ireland?

what are you talking about...

I am very upset that there are no dealers here.

I had to buy my KTM on eBay from the US, and organise postage on a steam boat to get it here.

• Like 2

There are dealers here but more focused on basic commuting motorcycles. The annoying part recently is the sale of thousands of these Chinese bikes for next to nothing, to riders who never license/insure the bike or themselves. Thats a story for another day ?

Then the sportbikes, 99% stolen from the USA. Sad truth.

The offroad stuff is rarer and kept amongst the hobbyists. Due to the ridiculous tax laws aimed only at the small % of the country that actually pays any tax at all, the dealers do not carry "recreational" bikes. So we end up having to suck up the stupid taxes and fees ourselves and import them from the U.S. Dade/Palmetto Motorsports in Miami sells most of the bikes we bring down. Same when parts and gear are needed.

Edited by jmcn R
  • Like 1

How much more did it cost?

Around 20,000 USD.

I am still waiting for Clive Palmer to build his Titanic II so I can have it shipped from the US to here.

http://www.smh.com.au/travel/travel-news/titanic-ii-not-designed-to-make-money-clive-palmer-20130828-2sp9l.html

I ordered a Harley in 1912, but it never got here.  :banghead:

• Like 2

Around 20,000 USD.

I am still waiting for Clive Palmer to build his Titanic II so I can have it shipped from the US to here.

http://www.smh.com.au/travel/travel-news/titanic-ii-not-designed-to-make-money-clive-palmer-20130828-2sp9l.html

I ordered a Harley in 1912, but it never got here.  :banghead:

? .

Some news today from Clive that may help us Motoring enthusiasts :goofy:

In Israel, we have most of the brands- 4*Japs, KTM, Husky, GasGas, HM, TM racing, Sherco.

unfortunently, the priice is a bit more than twice than in the U.S, due to small market and high taxes.

the good on this, is that they keep a high price on selling as 2nd hand and so.. so even 7-10 years old dirt bikes are selling ok

Yap the same here for us poor sods in South Africa, we mostly only have bush shops that sell the bare necessities like soap and maze meal, for meat and stuff we have to hunt with our bows. I guess it's better that we don't have bike dealerships here because it's only the brave that dares move more than a mile from their homes, the lions here can get very cranky indeed. Some lucky people that live at the coast have gotten to see what a bike looks like when Americans came past on a boat carrying bikes once, we here in the inland only got to hear about it months later when a carrier pigeon fell here carrying a note with the story on it, that was a great story that our village elder (he is the only one that can read) read to us around a camp fire one nite

• Like 4

Enumclaw. :bonk: