Sign in to follow this  

clutch lever vibrations

Anyone else have this annoying issue? Guess I'll try and shim out the bit of freeplay with a washer or something tomorrow. What have you guy's that may have run into this done to remedy?

I Just deal with it mine vibrates on the hand gaurds. Tried to file a bit off the ball end to quiet it down some

I keep one finger on the clutch as a force of habit from trail riding... otherwise it just bounces around, live with it.

I tried shimming mine with section margarine lid plastic but it made the leaver tight.

I also put strong elastic band on the perch to ensure the lever is pulled in tightly but this made the clutch heavier to pull.

Then I nearly blow my hearing out on a high speed freeway run so now use ear plugs, I have no idea if the noise has gone or I just don't hear it anymore.

I would recommend ear plugs, you can still hear everything just fine.

I also now find the engine/exhaust noise less draining throughout a long days riding.

Anyone else have this annoying issue? Guess I'll try and shim out the bit of freeplay with a washer or something tomorrow. What have you guy's that may have run into this done to remedy?

tighten the bolt ? 

too tight = stiff lever

too loose = rattle

Maybe try using a small bit of thicker waterproof grease or cut up a bit of shim-stock? I'm usually too busy hanging on for dear life to notice a rattle like that!

Edited by shuswap1