georgetown open?

California

Want to head up to Georgetown this weekend. Anyone know if the gov shutdown crap has closed it? I don't want to drive out there and show up to a locked gate :banghead:

Did you try call ing the ranger station? Here the number to the Georgetown ranger station

(530) 333-4312

Depending on the weather I would always call before I ride there, sometimes they close it after a little rain, but with the gov bs who knows ???

Went last Friday it was open. Bathrooms were locked but that's it!

We rode there Saturday no issues from the fake shutdown, lots of guys riding that day

There isn't a gate at Bald Mt. is there?  I don't remember.

Did you try call ing the ranger station? Here the number to the Georgetown ranger station

(530) 333-4312

Depending on the weather I would always call before I ride there, sometimes they close it after a little rain, but with the gov bs who knows ???

Yup I called ranger station is closed but it says the trails are open. Heading up on Saturday to hit the trails :)

I'll be out the tomorrow in a white f150 supercrew. If you see me out there stop by and say hi..

deep water

_RSC3311_miho_B_03_8a166a0817.jpg

I'll be out the tomorrow in a white f150 supercrew. If you see me out there stop by and say hi..

I did!...good to meet you. Your bike is sweeeeet

I did!...good to meet you. Your bike is sweeeeet

Good meeting you too :thumbsup: When it's not so dusty we'll have to ride together :ride:

Ill have to show you guys the local stuff sometime.

Sounds good to me I will be back up there soon :ride:

I'm flying into Sacramento tomorrow morning, landing at 7 am, hitting the trails around 10am. Who is in?

I'll be in a ford f 350 on a yz250f at mace mill staging

I'm flying into Sacramento tomorrow morning, landing at 7 am, hitting the trails around 10am. Who is in?

I'll be in a ford f 350 on a yz250f at mace mill staging

Not me :(

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1385488271.934460.jpg

I used to live up in garden valley for a bit and my g-ma lives on sliger mine rd still. I've never been to g-town to ride. Just wheel in the snow by stumpy. My wife owns a salon in Georgetown too so I think it's time for me to ride up to see her at work then find these trails

Well I guess I'm riding alone, sheesh no nor cal riding buddies anymore..

What do you guys have to work?? Pfft what losers!

It's ok I don't feel like waiting around at every intersection for you anyway!! HahA

Stupersylcko you called me out earlier, let's go ride tomorrow;)

I don't know u anymore ;( ;)

That makes 3 of us.....

I'll be curious to hear about the trail conditions. Went to CB on Saturday and the place was a mess.

I'll be curious to hear about the trail conditions. Went to CB on Saturday and the place was a mess.

Cb?

Chalk Bluff. The wind from the last storm took down a bunch of trees. There were so many pine needles covering the trail, it was to the point that it was sometimes hard to follow and there were gobs of tire deflecting treats hidden underneath. In the 4-5yrs I've owned my bike, this was the first time it's ever boiled over, taking ten minutes to travel twenty feet, trying to get over trees, etc.