Sign in to follow this  

Looking to buy a used racetech shock

I'm thinking of buying a used shock with gold valves and racetech spring set similar to my weight. The seller used it for motocross, but I would be using it for woods racing. Are gold valves the same for either type riding, you just adjust your clickers for softer woods riding? Or do I need to steer away from this shock? I would then but the valve kit for my forks too. Thanks

I'm thinking of buying a used shock with gold valves and racetech spring set similar to my weight. The seller used it for motocross, but I would be using it for woods racing. Are gold valves the same for either type riding, you just adjust your clickers for softer woods riding? Or do I need to steer away from this shock? I would then but the valve kit for my forks too. Thanks

Call an experienced suspension guy.  PM sent.

Woods shim stacks are much softer than MX

+1

Gold valves are the same, you would need to change the shim stack (to get the level of damping change needed between MX & Enduro) and that really depends on what's in there now. Might be good, might not be...

As long as the bike has Gold Valves, you have two options.

1) you can send it to RT and we'll update the setting for you for the cost of an oil change.

2) If you're confident in your abilities, you can call and get an updated setting for you and update the setting yourself.

There are different types of Gold Valves, but with a proper setting, either can work for MX and/or offroad.  We do hybrid settings quite often as well.

Shoot me an email with any questions, and if you choose to purchase any parts or service from RT, don't forget the TTalk coupon code for a discount!

Depends on the wood ;). The woods I ride in are really nasty, and mx stack is just fine ;)