Bmc / yoshimura air filter set up?

Hi I have searched but cannot find any answers so can any one help

I have looked at pics on the Schwantz bike etc and cannot make it out

Is the air box still there but with the back cut open for in to stick out of

Or dose it fit in place of the air box with an adaptor etc

If any one can help that would be awesome

Pics?:)

Yoshimura used to sell a BMC filter kit for the DRZ that completely eliminated the air box. It used a tube, cone style filter, and then had some adapters and brackets. (to mount the oil recovery system)

I contacted them to try and purchase this, I was told it was discontinued.  I found it in their catalog, so it may still be in there (Even though it can't be ordered).

So its an open filter?

Yoshimura used to sell a BMC filter kit for the DRZ that completely eliminated the air box. It used a tube, cone style filter, and then had some adapters and brackets. (to mount the oil recovery system)

I contacted them to try and purchase this, I was told it was discontinued. I found it in their catalog, so it may still be in there (Even though it can't be ordered).

That's what I was thinking have you got any pics of it? Or a link

you can buy the filter from bmc so just want to get an idea of how it looks etc

I don't have any pictures, as I couldn't order it. It may still be in the Yoshimura catalog that was where I found it a few months back. They had pictures of all the parts / filter.

It is just an open filter, no air box at all.

Edited by OhioYJ

I don't have any pictures, as I couldn't order it. It may still be in the Yoshimura catalog that was where I found it a few months back. They had pictures of all the parts / filter.

It is just an open filter, no air box at all.

Just had a look on the online catalog and couldn't find it

Do you know if it goes straight on the back of the carb

Or dose it use the existing boot that goes a round the shock so literally just swap it out for the air box

Cheers luke

IIRC it was a new boot and used a metal section of tube. When I get home I'll have a look and see if I can dig it up. They may have removed it though, as when I called they had to call Yoshimura Japan and call me back, at which time they told me it had been discontinued.

So whats the diffrence from other open filters? I have a spare open filter what would fit my drz but didnt like them as such dont trust them :/ cause in uk we get alot of rain

Yeah if you can find any pics etc that would be awesome cheers

So whats the diffrence from other open filters? I have a spare open filter what would fit my drz but didnt like them as such dont trust them :/ cause in uk we get alot of rain

nothing all open filters I guess do the same job just some better than others

I wanted the bmc because it's what they used and it looks cool (but that's just me)

I am from the UK to but don't ride in the rain so not that worried

nothing all open filters I guess do the same job just some better than others

I wanted the bmc because it's what they used and it looks cool (but that's just me)

I am from the UK to but don't ride in the rain so not that worried

yeah but the dust etc. what do you ride a sm or s?:) sms in the wet are fun as anything! Haha where abouts in uk buddy

yeah but the dust etc. what do you ride a sm or s?:) sms in the wet are fun as anything! Haha where abouts in uk buddy

Keep it clean etc should be fine

In Lincolnshire

Ride a sm it's not fun with Goldspeed cut slicks quite scary and no fun geting wet

Well i think ill keep the stock box :D , ah im from leicestershire , all comes down to skill of the rider not saying nothing ahaha

'Open' airbox/filter gains nothing and infact, can result in reduced performance. It was a 'showoff' mod. Any engine up to 55HP gets plenty of air with just a 3X3. I bet it was dropped because those that got it were terribly disappointed.

Like a chick in a thong on a horse. Looks good but it really is not that great in the saddle

after reading William1 post not Shure I want to post this but hear goes

This is a post I made abut my air filter set up . go to post 32 or info.

can't find this set up any more but it can be made with some stainless or

aluminum auto exhaust cut off.

William1 is not wrong by no means but works with my bike

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/1040525-took-3rd-place-at-bike-show-today/

g1_l.jpg

g3_l.jpg

g5_l.jpg

761-125-0000

BMC Air Filter Kit BMC air filter/ Bracket for air filter & for ECU included/ Req.

Reservoir tank bracket

761-125-0300

Coolant Reservoir Tank Bracket space.gif

Edited by f2dog

Thats crap. Imagine all the shit the wheel flicks up.

Thanks for the pics on the Schwantz bike it looks like it is wrapped it foam to stop the major dirt

But in the other hand looks like they have just cut the back of the air box off because the shock guard looks like the original bracket which is the air box

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1381475402.498515.jpg

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1381475261.405639.jpg

Thanks for the pics on the Schwantz bike it looks like it is wrapped it foam to stop the major dirt

But in the other hand looks like they have just cut the back of the air box off because the shock guard looks like the original bracket which is the air box

{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1381475402.498515.jpg

you might be able to mould some plastics to cover the sponge up..