Sign in to follow this  

i used to ride 450X and now...

anyone move on to a different bike from 450x?

why did you move on?

what did you move on to?

are you happy with your decision?

how does 450x compare to you new bike?

Had a 2006 450x, sold it last year. Picked-up two 2007 450x's plated them and sold them too. Searched to find a decent replacement but couldn't find anything that would be a good replacement, so I picked up a left-over 2012 450x got it plated and haven't looked back since. It's been a great bike and it's nice to start with a clean slate. I had done all the usual MOD's to my previous three 450x's... So I took off most of the aftermarket parts from the 2006 and just bolted them on the new skid and it's an awesome machine :thumbsup:

2013-07-20153755_zps7453bce9.jpg

Edited by crazybrother
  • Like 2

I dont know if i had a bad one (09,fmf slip on,rekluse,hot cam,brp/scotts, ESP suspension)or i didnt like the alum frame, it was heavy and couldnt get it to wheelie into whoops, tryied everthing, found a like new 2010 KTM 530 xcw ( wanted a carb for riding Baja) it came with a fmf slip on and I added a 14 counter and my scotts and Cris Blias jetting and havent looked back,

crazy brother.. nice bike..how da hell u get it plated in cali? ive tried to plate mine for "dual registration"... but dmv said since it says for off-road on the pink slip, theres no way to get it allowed on road. 

crazy brother.. nice bike..how da hell u get it plated in cali? ive tried to plate mine for "dual registration"... but dmv said since it says for off-road on the pink slip, theres no way to get it allowed on road. 

It cannot be done :devil:  At least that's what everyone keeps telling me...

Send me a PM and I can tell you how it can't be done too :naughty:

• Like 1

Ho

why did you move on?

what did you move on to?

It would take a book to respond.

Here's the short story: KTM's don't handle with tall riders, and break too easily , KX450 is the ultimate desert machine, but they wear out too fast, a stock WR450 needs $$ to keep up with an X, and if done right will kick it's ass in the slow stuff, a 2008 CRF450R with a Rekluse is the ultimate trial bike, but nothing, nothing beats the X in the California high desert.

Still have my X, 600+ hours.

• Like 1

Ive riden 450r and was very impressed on how light nimble and throwable it was. Never rode a wr450. Is wr450 easier to throw around thru corners than 450x, like the crf450r? I know yamaha does amazing comfort tuning.

I went from a DRZ 400 to the 450X , to me the X is not heavy at all .

Exactly what I did. I feel the same way.

I dont know if i had a bad one (09,fmf slip on,rekluse,hot cam,brp/scotts, ESP suspension)or i didnt like the alum frame, it was heavy and couldnt get it to wheelie into whoops, tryied everthing, found a like new 2010 KTM 530 xcw ( wanted a carb for riding Baja) it came with a fmf slip on and I added a 14 counter and my scotts and Cris Blias jetting and havent looked back,

I found the AP squirt passage was plugged on mine after that I couldn't keep the front end down in the whoops.

I have a 12 yz450 with a recluse clutch I use it in the trails and I love it. I don't stall when I slow down and don't squeeze the clutch. It's worth the money I'm from Oklahoma. I ride in California every thanksgiving with my buddy's they all have ktm's and 450x and they don't leave me behind on my yamaha. I think it's easier to turn a race bike into a trail bike

• Like 1

Sold my 08 X in 2012 and bought a Husaberg FE450. 450x was a money pit. Valves could not handle Australian dust and were changed to stainless within 25 hours. The big end destroyed itself and that required a new crank. It probably ruined the cases as well.

I loved the X. Was a power house to ride. Just broke down a lot.

The Berg is light years ahead of it. Better suspension. Hydraulic clutch. Ten times better air filter access. Lighter. Just better quality all over.

I have pretty much owned nothing but Hondas till the Berg till now.

• Like 3

Sold my 08 X in 2012 and bought a Husaberg FE450. 450x was a money pit. Valves could not handle Australian dust and were changed to stainless within 25 hours. The big end destroyed itself and that required a new crank. It probably ruined the cases as well.

The Berg is light years ahead of it. Better suspension. Hydraulic clutch. Ten times better air filter access. Lighter. Just better quality all over.

Wow, I have found just the opposite, my 450x's have been bullitproof. My first '06 had hundreds of hours and over 3000 miles without any issues but I did change out the head/valves at 200hrs... Since then I've had two '07's that I flipped and currently have a new leftover 2012 that I love... It's been a great bike too. The berg is very nice though... but pricey!

Never moved on.  Just added a '12 Husaberg TE300.  I like both equally for different reasons.  So far the wife is allowing me to keep both.  :ride:

My 05 is still a great ride, with exhaust and carb mods it is smooth and very fast. It doesn't feel as heavy as it is on the trails. I used to ride enduro and long rang charity rides (still will). That is where the X shines

I just bought a friends CR250R 2-stroke. He decked it out for tight woods rides. A few weeks ago I sent the suspension out to Factory connection to have the springs and revalveing done. Man Is that thing a monster in the woods, I thought the X ate up trails. The 2 stroke corners better and Explodes out of tight corners. What a fun ride. The problem is the power delivery and speed. Having both bikes to ride Is great for each of their strengths. The X for high speed,  great torque,  low fatigue and reliability (next to my XR400). The R is very quick agile and a blast on single track.

On most trail rides with a few friends (all 2 strokes) my 450X  had more speed in the straighter sections but lacked in the tighter sections. The R is now right with them in all aspects of the single track course we ride on. I do get more arm pump with the R than the X. The R gets around our course faster in the dry, the X spanks the R in the damp and wet-period

I will never get ride of the X. It has been unbelievably reliable, strong as hell and comfortable, what a workhorse 

The R is going to stay for the sheer thrill of holding onto it

• Like 1

Yes, it was an 06 

why did you move on?

Pretty much the same story as wbute, money pit, have to do mods to make them work better. I did love the power but playing with carb, valves that needed work all the time, always needed something done to it

what did you move on to?

'13 Husaberg FE 350

:thumbsup:  :banana: Thats a big yes

450x has better power down low off of idle for when you come up to an unexpected log on the trail and you just wrap the throttle on and pop over. This made me a lazy rider as it never taught me to mono properly. I ride mostly tight bush trails. 450X doesn't have the handling of the Berg. I have ridden a couple since and still like them, just a lot easier to move through trees and obsticles

THis is pretty much me

It's amazing how much more trouble we have with valves on CRF's in Australia! Every 450 pretty much has valve issues by 50 hours. The best fix is getting rid of the titanium valves and using TRX stainless valves. Most 250x's have the valve replaced before they leave the dealership!

It's amazing how much more trouble we have with valves on CRF's in Australia! Every 450 pretty much has valve issues by 50 hours. The best fix is getting rid of the titanium valves and using TRX stainless valves. Most 250x's have the valve replaced before they leave the dealership!

Yeah, right.