its a 1999ktm exc200 and it needs a rebulid

ill start the end of october

plans:

power coat frame

rebulid topend

rebulid clutch

new plastics? if i got the $$$

lots of helicoiling

low buget . ideas? . places to go for cheap parts . warnings. tips.

ill post pic soon

$75.00 get a new Exhaust flange. spend a couple of hours bending and fitting the pipe to where it fits flush in the flange but stays in a neutral position at the hard mounts.

its a 1999ktm exc200 and it needs a rebulid

ill start the end of october

plans:

power coat frame

rebulid topend

rebulid clutch

new plastics? if i got the $$$

lots of helicoiling

low buget . ideas? . places to go for cheap parts . warnings. tips.

ill post pic soon

You can snag a WHOLE LOT of info from Supertrunk, who has documented his complete rebuild of 200, see link:

http://ktmtalk.com//index.php?showtopic=416905&hl=

Whatever you plan on spending, pretty much double it. Keep us posted on the build. This is really cool seeing that there are a few guys who would rather restore than lay down 10K for a new bike.

Supertrunks rebuild was awesome to say the least

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1385782212.246490.jpg

Its clean ready to go be powder coated

Still looking for cheap full set of plastics or good cheap graphics

What about a safe way to straighten radiators with out making them leak

Also my clutch doesn't fully disengage does anyone know the problem. It shifts fine but when you start it in gear with the clutch in it moves forward some

• Like 1

If your clutch has been overheated the steel plates may have warped causing drag. I learned this the hard way after doing a lot of practice starts one day. New steel plates fixed the problem.

The clutch is smooth i think there is air in the system cuse sometimes it does fully disengage but its rare but im no mechanic and the hydro clutch is new to me.

Last time i had it apart early september to fix the kick starter the plates sit flat. There wasn't much on the pads though

Havent had time to work on my bike in a while. Is it posable to covert it to oil injection. Have a system squirt oil into the carb only. I couldn't find anything on the internet. Just the other way round

Send them out to Mylers, as the cost is very reasonable.

Also my clutch doesn't fully disengage does anyone know the problem. It shifts fine but when you start it in gear with the clutch in it moves forward some

What oil are you useing? I had trouble with my sons 125. We switched to ATF and its perfect now.

Edited by terdog

What oil are you useing? I had trouble with my sons 125. We switched to ATF and it perfect now.

ATF makes the clutch work better than any oil period. It's the best way to go imo.

• Like 1

Its funny how some blow off useing ATF. It does seem kinda weird at first. But if you think about the environment of a modern auto trans... why not?

Ive used it for decades with never an issue.

• Like 1

Its funny how some blow off useing ATF. It does seem kinda weird at first. But if you think about the environment of a modern auto trans... why not?

Ive used it for decades with never an issue.

I agree. I've used it in my vintage motocrosser (CZ) and it works great. It's a real test since this older clutch has fewer friction plates and I use the clutch a lot while riding it. No fading or other ussues.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1385782212.246490.jpg

I had success straightening out a set of radiators by using a straight piece of wood against the vertical outer edge and gently tapping it outward until it had "de-accordioned" (sp?) back into shape.

Worth a try. Good luck!

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1387840625.704601.jpg

I did a silver gold color its more silver in real life. Kinda looks like titanium.

So im gona start putting it back together. Any advice? What do u guys have for after market ? Im gona lock tight every screw. And add some plates to the skid plate to protect the water pump.

Does any one know a good cheap pipe guard all the ones i find are crap or $$$

• Like 1