Worst and best tracks in SoCal

I'd have to say milestone and perris are the worst and glen helen and cahuilla are the best. Anyone agree? Milestone are both just flat, smooth, hardpack tracks and glen helen and cahuilla are hilly, soft dirt, rough man tracks

what, no one replied to this..... 

I agree with both tracks you mentioned  .

Cahauilla because of the fast loamy outside lines and it has a mammoth feel for me.

GH because of elevation changes and fast sections and I like peristyle jumps like the coliseum made famous..

My worst I think might be Elsinore,, its either blue groove or elephant snot ..

depends what your into. I always have a good time at elsinore and milestone, their mains are fun. Perris and starwest are both great, best ruts in so cal. I like the dirt at pala the best but feel like the track layouts are lacking sometimes. Cahuilla is sick. barona oaks is good as well. glen helen never did anything for me, id rather go ride in the actual hills. I think the idea of 'a mans track' is a joke. Ride any type of track long enough and you'll get over it, variety is what keeps me riding. 

depends what your into. I always have a good time at elsinore and milestone, their mains are fun. Perris and starwest are both great, best ruts in so cal. I like the dirt at pala the best but feel like the track layouts are lacking sometimes. Cahuilla is sick. barona oaks is good as well. glen helen never did anything for me, id rather go ride in the actual hills. I think the idea of 'a mans track' is a joke. Ride any type of track long enough and you'll get over it, variety is what keeps me riding. 

It did for me. Taught me im human after trying to fly the friendly skies without an airplane..... track will bust you up but I still like her.

Milestone might be hard packed and watered like crazy but it does have a shop/parts store on site which is nice. Plus it is only 20 minutes from garage to gate from my house. We are very lucky to have so many tracks locally to chose from. And each one is different in their own way.

AHHHH good point. Didn't factor in "convenience " points..  Ok, I must give Pala a shout out then for the fact that they will fix a flat for $25 including new tube annnnnnnnd check this, there is a phone # to call while at the track and a cute little girl drives a cart out to your truck and delivers lunch to you..... Didn't know that did ya !!

• Like 2

Best: Cahuilla creek open riding. Milestone for variety, camping and parts/service store. Glen Helen for events and dirt. Pala prep busy on weekends but nice prep. Comp edge great for spotting pros going huge.

Worst: Lake Elsinore, Perris Raceway Lucas Oil MX (Star west) not open yet.

More info:

http://m.motorcycle-usa.com/322/3066/Motorcycle-Article/Guide-to-SoCal-MX-tracks.aspx

I think glen Helen gets the well deserved rep of a big boy track because there's no faking it when riding there. Shoot, there are barely any jumps there and the track is gnarly. I went to cahuilla a long time ago in my first 2 year riding stint. Would like to go back soon

• Like 1

Best: Cahuilla creek open riding. Milestone for variety, camping and parts/service store. Glen Helen for events and dirt. Pala prep busy on weekends but nice prep. Comp edge great for spotting pros going huge.

Worst: Lake Elsinore, Perris Raceway Lucas Oil MX (Star west) not open yet.

More info:

http://m.motorcycle-usa.com/322/3066/Motorcycle-Article/Guide-to-SoCal-MX-tracks.aspx

starwest is open I was their on sunday. The track was just as bad as it was before the remodeling. They said it'll be fully finished in 2 months
  • Like 1