need advice.

Make a long story longer. I had an engine failure last year on my 96 fc 600. I got everything to put it back together( $500 later) and come to see that the rod is bent. The question is do i spend anther $500ish to get a rod kit or do I make it a 501? I have good 501 crank and jug.  THOUGHTS? I haven't been around a 501. I know the monster torque and power of the 600. And I Miss It!!!!

Make a long story longer. I had an engine failure last year on my 96 fc 600. I got everything to put it back together( $500 later) and come to see that the rod is bent. The question is do i spend anther $500ish to get a rod kit or do I make it a 501? I have good 501 crank and jug. THOUGHTS? I haven't been around a 501. I know the monster torque and power of the 600. And I Miss It!!!!

Well simply put; is the sacrifice in power worth saving half a grand to you? You could rock your 501 parts for awhile since you already have them and then if you can't stand it you can spend the cash and turn it back to a 600 at a later time. Just my thoughts.

Edited by fdme