Sign in to follow this  

What clutch basket should i get?

I have a 2013 crf250r with a notched basket. i was just wanting opinions on what i should get which has the longest life. brands, models etc. cheers guys!

My 2004 came with a Hinson basket already installed.  Can't compare it to any other CRF250 as I haven't ridden others peoples or had the original to compare.

What I can tell you as fact is that it has over 100hours total on it without any sign of use.

I know, when comparing to other random bikes I have ridden...my 250R feels WAAAAYYY snappier and more responsive which is partially the clutch setup. The few very experienced guys that have ridden my bike I always surprised at the first blip of the throttle when they go too. They also relate that to the clutch feel.

So, not anything technical to backup....but thats my hat in the ring for Hinson.

P.S.    as I got better and understood the bike more, I realized the full clutch setup thats on my bike is spectacular on track but real rough for beginner trail riding  :ride:

I have a 2013 crf250r with a notched basket. i was just wanting opinions on what i should get which has the longest life. brands, models etc. cheers guys!

Hinson clutches/baskets are bulletproof. Hands down the best choice.. 

I have 2 Hinson clutch kit's for my 09 CRF450R.

Hinson 6 Spring and Hinson BTL.

0904131621.jpg

0908131428.jpg

0908131855b.jpg

0908131855a.jpg

i can only speak for the hinson. 50hrs and no wear - but rider is trained not be a clutch rider (no clutch snapping out of corners).

OEM basket was worn out after 25-30 hrs. Bike is not at 95 hrs and basket shows no wear at all.

Also their customer support is really great when there is an issue.

Hinson clutch parts are really a no brainer of your oem part are worn.

Edited by spike1911

P.S.    as I got better and understood the bike more, I realized the full clutch setup thats on my bike is spectacular on track but real rough for beginner trail riding  :ride:

What makes them rough for green trail riders? I have never rode a bike with a hinson clutch before. What clutch would be a good option for a trail rider?

What makes them rough for green trail riders? I have never rode a bike with a hinson clutch before. What clutch would be a good option for a trail rider?

He's probably got stiffer springs in it. Makes the clutch lever stiffer and engagement a little snappier.

The basket or hub (Hinson parts) has nothing to do with the clutch action really. It's all about durability.

• Like 1

If you're willing to pay for it, get a Hinson, personally I saved a bit and bought a Wiseco basket and its been solid so far. If/when it does notch I'll attempt the lifetime warranty route and if that doesn't I'll get a Hinson then. You can fins Wiseco kits that include, springs, plates, baskets, cushions for a steal on ebay.